She Bangs-William Hung

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Everyone has seen the American Idol that has the civil engineer, william hung on it singin Ricky Martin's "she bangs". Here is a site dedicated to it. (kind of like star wars kid) there are also tons of t-shirts on e-bay with his picture and his quote. He signed a record deal for $25,000!

http://www.williamhung.net/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubs23

He signed a record deal for $25,000!

Sweet! Now I'm know what I'm going to get with my Pepsi/iTunes caps!!!!
  • Reply 2 of 22
    Am I the only person alive who has never watched an ep of American Idol
  • Reply 3 of 22
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    No, I've never seen more than a minute or two long snippet of the show. I dislike TV in general, and especially "reality" shows. American Idol is one of the least offensive reality shows, but I still don't like it.
  • Reply 4 of 22
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I've had a few beers and read this title really fast... I thought this was a story about the guy hanging himself.

Now I'm all disappointed.
  • Reply 5 of 22
    hey, Luca , the best way to get any info on American Idol is to listen to the KQRS morning show, 92.5FM. Great stuff

is this the same guy that was singing "I cant herp fawring in rove with you"?

only time i ever watch tv is if im watching a movie, i almsot never watch network TV
  • Reply 6 of 22
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I've never seen the show either, but every time I saw this guy on the commercials I definitely giggled.
  • Reply 7 of 22
    this man is my new hero...i have even had braces put on to move all my teeth forward and in ackward positions to look more like him...

g
  • Reply 8 of 22
    I watched on Tuesday. Phew! What a stinker. Some of the performers just sounded awful, such as those two brothers. Some chose songs that just don't match their persona, like the one with suspenders. It was painful to listen too, even more painful to listen to than Ryan Seacrest.

I really expected Lisa to make it through. She had the best voice, but I think she had two things going against her. First, I can't help but think of 'Lisa Leubner' from SNL when I hear her name. Second, her dancing made me nauteous.

It would be hard for next week to be worse.
  • Reply 9 of 22
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    He was great . . . I mean his person

He had a heart of gold and was positive to the core . .

a living proof that a good outlook will move mountains

Look: he is completely without talent . . . laughably so, and yet he has, in a way, attained his goal of celebrity and musicianship.

. . . he better not drop out of school though
  • Reply 10 of 22
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    There are thousands of people that make big differences in this world every day, and this shmoe gets a $25,000 contract for being an awful singer.

• Reply 11 of 22
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

There are thousands of people that make big differences in this world every day, and this shmoe gets a $25,000 contract for being an awful singer.

he sang badly but he shone
  • Reply 12 of 22
    i never watch AI but i did this year. this guy was hilarious

i might have to get a t-shirt
  • Reply 13 of 22
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    I thought it was really cruel how the guys in the jury laughed the way they did. Sure it was hilarious, but they could have had more compassion when telling him that he didn't have what it takes. The girl atleast tried to be nice to him. She earned my respect for that.
  • Reply 14 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by KANE

I thought it was really cruel how the guys in the jury laughed the way they did. Sure it was hilarious, but they could have had more compassion when telling him that he didn't have what it takes. The girl atleast tried to be nice to him. She earned my respect for that.

Cry me a f***ing river.
  • Reply 15 of 22
    i saw him on tv the other day, so i stopped surfing to watch (unfortunatley it was on Ellen, but oh well). the point is that they gave him an iPod on the show ( not a mini), but it was cool exposure.
  • Reply 16 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ganondorf

Cry me a f***ing river.

Ganondorf, you insensitive brute, take some get-in-touch-with-yourself classes, why don't you? There is no need to be mean when criticizing someone. That australian jerk sure was mean to good ol' William Hung.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubs23

Everyone has seen the American Idol that has the civil engineer, william hung on it singin Ricky Martin's "she bangs". Here is a site dedicated to it. (kind of like star wars kid) there are also tons of t-shirts on e-bay with his picture and his quote. He signed a record deal for $25,000!

http://www.williamhung.net/

i cant beleive they are going to capture that on tape (or cd or hdd) good luck to the dat unit hope it doesnt mealt - and the producers, well i will buy the earpluggs.

'nuff said

<add on>

anyone wanna pay 25000 for a tape of me singing in the shower?

who am i kidding i would take 2500.

</add on>
  • Reply 18 of 22
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KANE

That australian jerk sure was mean to good ol' William Hung.

Simon is no more of a jerk than he needs to be. He's a realist. If you go on that show and you suck, you will be told the truth. Now what are you saying, that you condone lying?
  • Reply 19 of 22
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I'm not sure if any of this counts as a triumph of heart over talent.

I mean, at the end of the day the guy is the geek du jour, along the lines of the kid who had his star wars home video posted to the web.

Do you really think that the people that are driving his "popularity" are warmed by his "heart of gold"? I think they just think it's great that a guy who appears to be completely oblivious to his own ridiculousness is willing to make a fool of himself over and over.

Question is, is Mr. Hung in on the joke?
  • Reply 20 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

Simon is no more of a jerk than he needs to be. He's a realist. If you go on that show and you suck, you will be told the truth. Now what are you saying, that you condone lying?

Well I am glad someone took the bait. No Luca, I don't condone lying, but you see there is a good way and a bad way of letting people know that they do not have what it takes.