Nadar

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It looks like Nadar is planing to again elect George Bush by having himself, Nadar, run for president

what a jerk . . . didn't he do enough damage?!?!

NADIR

Comments

• Reply 1 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

It looks like Nadar is planing to again elect George Bush by having himself, Nadar, run for president

what a jerk . . . didn't he do enough damage?!?!

NADIR

I didn't know there were so many ways to spell Nader.
  • Reply 2 of 60
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ganondorf

Dyslexics untie!!!
  • Reply 3 of 60
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

I spell it i-d-i-o-t
  • Reply 4 of 60
    Really, I spell it s-o-c-i-a-l-i-s-t.
  • Reply 5 of 60
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I can't explain "Nadar" (rhymes with "radar"?), but I figured "Nadir" was deliberate, as in "a low point".
  • Reply 6 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

I can't explain "Nadar" (rhymes with "radar"?), but I figured "Nadir" was deliberate, as in "a low point".

Some part dyslexia (the first part) some part super genius word-play master (the second part)
  • Reply 7 of 60
    For a second I thought it was a new kind of position sensing system

Radio based detection and ranging is - Radar

Light based detection and ranging is - Lidar

People claim to be able to detect Gay from Straight and call that sense - "Gaydar"

Maybe there's a corollary determining 2 party doctrine vs 3rd path independent thought

hence... Nadar

(if only because Perotdar sounds even worse)
  • Reply 8 of 60
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    If the dems can't unite the democratic party effectively or convey the message the 2% that vote for Nader want to hear, they deserve to lose. It's the party's/candidate's job to understand with their potential voters want and address it directly.

Of course all of this is rendered moot by the stupid electoral system that makes large proportions of the population's votes worthless (to wit: I live in Georgia. My vote for anyone doesn't matter because GWB will get all this state's electoral votes.)
  • Reply 9 of 60
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Quote:

or a second I thought it was a new kind of position sensing system

Radio based detection and ranging is - Radar

Light based detection and ranging is - Lidar

People claim to be able to detect Gay from Straight and call that sense - "Gaydar"

Maybe there's a corollary determining 2 party doctrine vs 3rd path independent thought hence... Nadar

Lidar... Now that's cool. Linkage?
  • Reply 10 of 60
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Nader will reach his nadir on the presidential race this year. Unlike 4 years ago, peoples who will want to get rid of GW Bush will vote Kerry, but not for Nader.

Nadar dispite his radar will hurt the wall this time ...
  • Reply 11 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

I thought there might be a Gaydar joke in the mix when I saw the thread title.

Lidar... Now that's cool. Linkage?

GoogleDar
  • Reply 12 of 60
    Quote:

• Reply 13 of 60
    i voted for Nader in 2000. hey even McCain said he had some good ideas
  • Reply 14 of 60
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i vote for nader last time around too. for those who think he shouldn't run, it's a pretty piss poor argument.

he has every right to run and to represent those who find his ideas the most appealing. the worst part of it is it seems to stem from the idea that you just don't want the "other guy" to win.
  • Reply 15 of 60
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

i vote for nader last time around too. for those who think he shouldn't run, it's a pretty piss poor argument.

he has every right to run and to represent those who find his ideas the most appealing. the worst part of it is it seems to stem from the idea that you just don't want the "other guy" to win.

I think the argument against Nader running specifically and third parties generally is pretty well-founded. It's a result of our voting system. I would highly recommend reading that Scientific American article that Kickaha alerted us to. It's subscription only- but I can get it off EBSCOhost if you'd like.
  • Reply 16 of 60
    I haven't decided I I'll support Nader or Peter Camejo, but I'm leaning towards Camejo. Nader seems a bit too egotistical. Either way, I'm not voting for Bush or Bush-lite.
  • Reply 17 of 60
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    NADAR in Spanish means "to swim"

"Walk the Plank, Ralph... " 8)
  • Reply 18 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

I haven't decided I I'll support Nader or Peter Camejo, but I'm leaning towards Camejo. Nader seems a bit too egotistical. Either way, I'm not voting for Bush or Bush-lite.

You had it the first time when you said that you wouldn't vote if Dean lost . . . just stay home and sulk like a baby and watch George Bush weedle his way back into our collective nightmare!
  • Reply 19 of 60
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

You had it the first time when you said that you wouldn't vote if Dean lost . . . just stay home and sulk like a baby and watch George Bush weedle his way back into our collective nightmare!

Can you please define the word "weedle". I cannot find it anywhere....
  • Reply 20 of 60
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    You guys are great.

"Collective nightmare"... classic!

At least Nader has some principles; some consistent principles.

Aries 1B