minipod shipping and engraving info

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm thinking of getting an ipod mini but i have some questions.

1. If I were to order now from apple. how long does the shipping take? (what was it for you?)

2. Is shipping free?

3. If I do a custom engraving, will I run into trouble if my ipod malfunctions and I have to send it to apple? Will they not fix it?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I ordered the day it was introduced, and go it on the 19th of February. So I waited about 40 days! You would probably have about a 20 day wait.

I ordered through education and got a laser engraving done for a total (including tax) of $242. There was no shipping charge to my knowledge.

The laser engraving does not void warranty with Appple, though they may be more reluctant to offer a full replacement for it if there were to be a problem. I think that, at the very least any problem that arises with your mini could be fixed without a complete replacement, which is the only scenario where Apple gets stingy on. Basically, youre safe with an engraved iPod, I say go for it.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    If Apple engraves it, they have to support it.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

3. If I do a custom engraving, will I run into trouble if my ipod malfunctions and I have to send it to apple? Will they not fix it?

I often wondered about this too. My initial thoughts were it would cause complications, if you needed to get it replaced would they be a pain in the ass about it and would you get the engraving on the new one etc. But I'm sure it's fine.