Macaroni

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I dont mean Ronzoni or DeBoles

I installed Macaroni on my iMac running Panther. Its hard to tell when its working and I dont see a way to force it to work. It says it starts to function when the computer is idle for 5 minutes, but how do i tell when its done?

I left the computer alone and heard the hard drive churning away as if something was happening but i wanted to shut down and just waited till there was no hard drive sound and then turned it off.

Wouldnt it be better if the prgram somehow let us know it was working and when it was finished? Anyone here have macaroni?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Launch System Preferences, click on the Macaroni panel, and trigger/monitor it that way until you're satisfied with what it's doing.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Launch System Preferences, click on the Macaroni panel, and trigger/monitor it that way until you're satisfied with what it's doing.

The problem is it doesnt give many options. For instance it allows you to choose the day it runs, but doesnt allow you to choose when in the day, except when idle for 5 minutes. What I would really like is to b able to set it to run when I shut the computer down (it can run and then the computer would shut down right after), or when I first turn the computer on (as long as it let me know when it was finished).

Maybe I should write them and see what they think
  • Reply 3 of 4
    sroachsroach Posts: 105member
    Once it's installed and you go to the preferences panel / Macaroni you have to unlock it before making any changes.

I had to configure the language support I wanted removed, so click on the lock and put in the password.

then you can double click on which job you want to modify, or click on it and select run now.

Hope this is what you were asking..
  • Reply 4 of 4
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sroach

Once it's installed and you go to the preferences panel / Macaroni you have to unlock it before making any changes.

I had to configure the language support I wanted removed, so click on the lock and put in the password.

then you can double click on which job you want to modify, or click on it and select run now.

Hope this is what you were asking..

I did that, but there isnt an option of when during the day to run it. I would prefer it be done when i sign off, and then I wouldnt have to worry about whether Im interupting its function.