Is this for real?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just heard this via word of mouth, and that person didn't have a source, and I couldn't find one either, so maybe someone here has heard of this before, or has a source, or something

anyway, what I heard was that President Bush is trying to reclassify Jobs at fast food joints like McDonald's as 'manufacturing' jobs, because they 'build' hamburgers.

it seems absurd, but at the same time, the rationale behind this would be to alter statistics and make it look like not as many manufacturing jobs are being lost. \

any input?

Comments

• Reply 2 of 20
    thanks
  • Reply 3 of 20
    That's great. Up there with the reclassification of ketchup as a vegetable.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member

(via Uggabugga)
  • Reply 5 of 20
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    You just gotta wonder when Bush himself is going to start thinking about voting Democrat

I mean, he would do this simply to stack the propaganda with regards to the economy . . . doesn't it surprise you that he wouldn't even recognize that it means yet another form of lie . . . or at least a distortion of what people would think when they heard economic news?! . . . therefore a form of untruth . . .
  • Reply 6 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

a form of untruth . . .

W means a double portion of U hence "double U"

ie: W = UU

or U x 2

I believe we are dealing with George U. Bush

The U stands for untruth. and ole George has a double portion of untruth so we call him W. for short.

Fellows
  • Reply 7 of 20
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    hahaha

awesome.

in a bad way.
  • Reply 8 of 20
    Fellows,

but that reminds me of a great Douglas adams quote.

WWW is the only acronym that takes three times longer to pronounce than the words it stands for World Wide Web(3 syllables): WWW(9 syllables)

• Reply 9 of 20
    This isn't for the benefit of people who are starting to feel suspicious about the Bush admin, it's for the benefit of the faithful who want to be told how many new manufacturing jobs there are at the end of 2004 compared to at the end of 2003 (who cares where they came from).

These people want to believe that Bush is doing a good job, so they'll turn a blind eye to the obfuscation behind it. Tie that in with the number of jobs 'created' by reclassifying immigrants currently living and working in the US illegally as guest workers and it makes for some handy election commercial stats... "George W Bush created 8 million jobs in 2004!"

Anybody know if there would also be a tax benefit to McDonald's for providing 'manufacturing' jobs instead of food service jobs? Might also be worth looking into...
  • Reply 10 of 20
    I guess it might work on the ignorant as well.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fellowship

W means a double portion of U hence "double U"

ie: W = UU

or U x 2

I believe we are dealing with George U. Bush

The U stands for untruth. and ole George has a double portion of untruth so we call him W. for short.

Fellows

hah. cant agree more, fs.
  • Reply 12 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

That's great. Up there with the reclassification of ketchup as a vegetable.

yep. ketschup is a vegetable .. so to get your five a day, all you need is four guinness and ketchup .. on your fries. no wait, that#s SIX. so all you need is fine guinness a day ..
  • Reply 13 of 20
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

yep. ketschup is a vegetable .. so to get your five a day, all you need is four guinness and ketchup .. on your fries. no wait, that#s SIX. so all you need is fine guinness a day ..

Great. Now you got me thinking about Guinness and I still have an hour before I get out of the office.
  • Reply 14 of 20
    haha. giant, you won#t like knowing some friends of mine will be dieting next week.

dieting .. i mean, they always lose weight when they get cheap flights to ireland, and stay there for a week or 10 days to drink guinness. all day long, every day while in ireland. must be because of all the vitamins..
  • Reply 15 of 20
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

Fellows,

but that reminds me of a great Douglas adams quote.

WWW is the only acronym that takes three times longer to pronounce than the words it stands for World Wide Web(3 syllables): WWW(9 syllables)

isn't WWW 6 syllables? dubyadubyadubya?
  • Reply 16 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

isn't WWW 6 syllables? dubyadubyadubya?

um. if you are Ms. Dowd, it is. I believe the 9 syllables refers to the non-diminutive form of W being double-u. There is of course the late 1990's fad of saying dubdubdub, but fortuitously this faded with the last remnants of the furbies.
  • Reply 17 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

and stay there for a week or 10 days to drink guinness. all day long, every day while in ireland. must be because of all the vitamins..

mmmmmmmm Guinness.

Vitamin G is an important supplement everyone should imbibe everyday.

Cheers,

Dan
  • Reply 18 of 20
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Soon millions of americans will get manufactoring jobs. They just need to reclassify making eggs into construction work and chickens into humans
  • Reply 19 of 20
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    The lady DJ at cowboyculturalsociety.com just says "dub dub dub". I've started doing that, it's funny and easy to say. I gave up french fries for Lent last year and stayed off them, which has kept me out of fast food restaurants (good thing). I love standing at the end of the assembly line eating those things.
  • Reply 20 of 20
    That's funny as hell.