Do ANY Mac browsers meet these requirements?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Do ANY Mac Web browsers meet these requirements?

http://support.xign.net/browser_req.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Mac Users:

Macintosh browsers are currently not supported._ Support for Macintosh is currently under investigation

I don't think this is a standard compliant web page. It uses some tripped out Microsoft Office format. Mac support may be dependent on Microsoft.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    From a cursory reading of the requirements, any Mac browser should be fine with it, no? They mention 128 bit encryption https protocol using SSL3. Try OmniWeb, perhaps? They at least have their encryption and security protocols listed in a preference pane. I can't seem to find info on whether Safari definitely uses SSL3 or not.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I would be surprised if Safari did not support encryption. I don't think that is the problem. If you look at the source of that HTML page you linked above, it refers to strange resources. FYI: I am not a good programmer. But I think it may have something to do with this:
    Quote:

<link rel=Edit-Time-Data href="./browser_req_files/editdata.mso">

<!--[if !mso]>

It stuck out as being suspicious to me. I can't tell why. I'm guessing ".mso" has something to do with MS's stolen/modified Java and is only supported on MS machines.

Than again, this is all speculation, but I've never seen a web page with that stuff before.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    You could try enabling the Debug menu in Safari, and setting the User Agent to IE6.

OmniWeb lets you do this from the preference panes.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

You could try enabling the Debug menu in Safari, and setting the User Agent to IE6.

OmniWeb lets you do this from the preference panes.

Dumb question from a lazy guy who hates searching: How do you do that in Safari?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by talksense101

Dumb question from a lazy guy who hates searching: How do you do that in Safari?

Enter this into the terminal:

defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1

To get rid of it, substitute the 1 with a 0.