XP Reloaded

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://slashdot.org/articles/04/02/26/2156254.shtml

Let the jokes begin!

I like this one: "Neo: What are you trying to tell me that I can dodge worms?

Morpheus: No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you install Linux, you won't have to."

And of course... XP "Rebooted" and "I already have it, I reload XP twice daily!"

This as one person pointed out is good for Linux and OS X in the long term because it looks like Copland: MS usually does this (charges for a SE or service pack) when their long term project date starts slipping.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    edit: nevermind, i thought this was about something else.

death to M$
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Neo: I know Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Morpheus: Show me.

-

Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be....told what a Blue screen is...you have to see it for yourself.

-

Agent Smith: Like the dinosaur.....Look at that windows box. It had it's time. The future is our world, Morpheus. The future is our time.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    This is probably going to be as pointless of an update as Windows ME. Bleck
  • Reply 4 of 12
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    I've already emailed my Microsoft Whore coworkers (and boss, did I go too far??):

Quote:

Microsoft has decided that 2007-08 is a bit too long for another workstation release. So they decided to release an upgrade (read: unified bugfix/security patch that we'll have to pay for) of XP... and they gave it a cheesy Matrix title. Frankly, they should be a little more honest and call it "Windows XP Millennium Edition".

[snip URL]

"Calling it an interim release is overstating the current plan," Sullivan said. "We are exploring ways to add value to Windows XP."

[translate]"Our ambitions with Longhorn are overreaching and running into resistance. They're affecting the bottom line for FY '05-'06," Sullivan said. "We're desperate to dazzle the (L)users to keep them from switching to Linux or OS X which are whizzing on us like spry, little puppies."[/translate]

"However, Directions on Microsoft analyst Rob Helm said that any new version of Windows is likely to slow Longhorn's arrival."

[translate]"This steer is officially beef."[/translate]

Screed
  • Reply 5 of 12
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    If XP Reloaded is anything like The Matrix Reloaded...

Note to MS, pick a trilogy that doesn't suck.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Well if they stayed in the SciFi genre, a sequel that didn't suck was "The Empire Strikes Back," but that of course would be way, way, waaaay too honest.

"The Wrath of--" no...

"XP: Nemesis" nope...

Screed
  • Reply 7 of 12
    hahahaha!
  • Reply 8 of 12
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sCreeD

Well if they stayed in the SciFi genre, a sequel that didn't suck was "The Empire Strikes Back," but that of course would be way, way, waaaay too honest.

"The Wrath of--" no...

"XP: Nemesis" nope...

Screed

XP, The next generation, hire William shattner as a pitch man.

or

xp SG-2

hummm.......a tie over/$grab before the next big release, i remember this didnt they call it M.E. the last time?

after thought:

windows TZE, (Twilite zone edition), black and white wall paper, and office clippy is now windows standard and has a very ominous and deep voice describing every thing that you are doing on the PC
  • Reply 9 of 12

To borrow from Dave Chappelle: a scowling Clippy in the bottom right corner. Something goes wrong. In the voice of James Earl Jones,

"Your application has crashed. I'm Clippy, bitch."

Screed
  • Reply 10 of 12
    This has got to be the most ridiculous thing M$ has done in a long while.

XP reloaded => term used to describe the act of paying M$ more money to reload the same buggy operating system into your PC.

I think the minimum system requirements will be doubled just to keep the hardware partners happy.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

XP, The next generation, hire William shattner as a pitch man.

They definitely wouldn't be the first...

lprng
  • Reply 12 of 12
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

They definitely wouldn't be the first...

lprng

well, dua, it fits their image,wait for others to invent, reverse enginer and modify ever so slightly and whala - windows(and all other m$ apps)