MORE Powerbook Screen problems

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I bought a new 15inch 1.25Ghz PowerBook the day after they were released. Consequently it had the dreaded white spot issue. So I finally sent it in to be repaired in January and it came back with a bright spotless screen.

Now, I am having a developing problem where the screen is much brighter in the lower left side of the screen than everywhere else. Also, the overall brightness of the screen seems to be reduced. I usually have it only on 1 or 2 bars of brightness, but it seems that lately I have to crank it up a bar or so every couple days.

Has anyone else had these specific problems with their new Powerbook?

The last thing I want to do is give it up for another week to be fixed. I rely on this machine for my job, and this will really suck to be without it again.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Ya my 867 12" Powerbook has the same problem. The two bottom corners are really bright. I also have a small white spot as well. I havent done anything about it yet because I live in a small town without the resources to deal with the problem. I am however, going to London Drugs in Vancouver (where I got the laptop) once school is out and hopefully have the problem dealt with because my 90 day phone support is over with Apple and they wont answer any of my questions until I give them more money to renew it. So for now im stuck with it.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    No problems with my brother's new 15incher. The guy at the apple store brought out a box and said he had to open it to put in iLife 4. I asked him to bring out the latest shipment cause of the screen problems I heard about. He said he'll look and he did bring out a brand new box with iLife inside already. I'm glad he did cause the screen is amazing compared to my 12 incher. Its so bright that I think my 12 inch screen is dead or my eyes have gone bad. I try to stay away from teh 15incher cause it hurts my eyes after I look at the 15incher and look to my 12 incher. Great screen. No dead pixels or anything.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    This issue has been discussed extensively on the support boards at apple.com. It is a common problem.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    it also is common on the dell laptops i have seen...

some lcd manufacturers are ****ing up...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by jxfreak

No problems with my brother's new 15incher. The guy at the apple store brought out a box and said he had to open it to put in iLife 4. I asked him to bring out the latest shipment cause of the screen problems I heard about. He said he'll look and he did bring out a brand new box with iLife inside already. I'm glad he did cause the screen is amazing compared to my 12 incher. Its so bright that I think my 12 inch screen is dead or my eyes have gone bad. I try to stay away from teh 15incher cause it hurts my eyes after I look at the 15incher and look to my 12 incher. Great screen. No dead pixels or anything.

Good luck. Mine was "flawless" when I received it back from repair, but now it looks like crap.