Is it just me? wishful thinking maybe...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
If you go look at the apple store sanfran picture page on the apple site: http://www.apple.com/retail/sanfrancisco/gallery.html

They have no g5's out in the store or monitors. Lots of imacs, ibooks, and whatnot, but no powermacs out. They're having a press conference tomorrow at the store...i dont know...maybe they'll be displaying the NEW revisions? just wishful thinking, or maybe im just missing something in the pictures. any thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Man those flagship stores are intense. The local cambridge store out here, is pretty small, it's disconcertingly clean, which is neat, but it's so small, you really can't do anything there \

I could imagine finding stuff to do at a huge store like that, easy to get lost and not feel like you're under the microscope of all the employees.

as for g5s...I doubt we'll see them now, but mid march seems very likely
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I have been to three stores, one in San Jose, one in Sacramento, and the company store (located at the HQ). The one in Sacramento is a lot smaller than any of them. The software section seemed quite small. Hardware wise, it looks good, but the software selection is really poor, doesn't do justice. The one in San Jose has one of the big screens in the back (cool I guess), and a larger software section. The company store, I know not really an Apple retail store, is cool as not only does it have macs, printers, and software, it also has clothing, and other apple logoed stuff (pens, mugs, etc). It is the only thing to check out at the campus since they canned the tours, and took down the "icon garden".

I am looking forward to going to the San Fran flagship store, to check it out. From the pictures I have seen it looks quite big.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyTwoToes

If you go look at the apple store sanfran picture page on the apple site: http://www.apple.com/retail/sanfrancisco/gallery.html

They have no g5's out in the store or monitors. Lots of imacs, ibooks, and whatnot, but no powermacs out. They're having a press conference tomorrow at the store...i dont know...maybe they'll be displaying the NEW revisions? just wishful thinking, or maybe im just missing something in the pictures. any thoughts?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but he sixth picture shows a G5 (or two) in the front of the store on the left of the entrance as you come in. It's hard to see because it's shot from behind the glass staircase, but you can make it out. There is also no photo of the machines on the right side of the store as you enter. Both locations are prime retail spaces since that's where customers will likely linger before exploring the rest of the store.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ahh, thanks for pointing it out. i was sure i had to be missing something. my wishful thinking carried me away.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    the only apple store that i have been to is the Indy store at keystone, it is verry small compaired to stores of it's ilk, like gateway country (now defunked ) but it is so mutch more clean, everything I coulda wanted was right there, and logicaly grouped, and the emploees were helpfull, not pushy as most pc reps are, they said "just play around and you are bound to find something that you will buy" whereas the pc shops get pissed if ya touch their stuff for 5 min and don't buy. Apple stores may be 'small' but they are better than any kind of pc store, this is another example of apple superiority.