Another Convert

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I got my New iMac (Superdrive) Monday and I came from PC and I LOVE this machine. I'm never going back to PC's again. Mac's forever Everything about the New iMac is awesome, I haven't had one problem or one thing wrong. So, I just wanted to share that there is another convert to the Mac World. Also I was curious, is there any important applications I should have? I type a fair amount of papers for school, should I be considering Microsoft Office? Well I guess I can't even consider that, I'm don't have $400 or so laying around I guess I will have to use AppleWorks, how well does AppleWorks work for papers, spreadsheets and etc...? Well basically, any important apps, or sites, anything I should know about would be great. Thanks. If your interested, I did get some pictures of my New iMac, but with a webcam - <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/foneroot/PhotoAlbum1.html"; target="_blank">http://homepage.mac.com/foneroot/PhotoAlbum1.html</a>;

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    welcome to the world of Mac!

if you are student, you should be able to get student discount through your school or possibly apple's website or any other place that offers education discounts, check the back of Macworld magazine, there are couple places in there. didn't you get your iMac with a student discount?

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: burningwheel ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 3
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    AppleWorks should cover your needs just fine. It can read in Word files (not really complicated ones, but you probably won't see those), and save files as RTF, which is a good cross-platform format.

It's also a lot easier to use than either Word or MS Works.

Welcome aboard!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    fonerootfoneroot Posts: 102member
    [quote]Originally posted by burningwheel:

<strong>welcome to the world of Mac!

if you are student, you should be able to get student discount through your school or possibly apple's website or any other place that offers education discounts, check the back of Macworld magazine, there are couple places in there. didn't you get your iMac with a student discount?

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: burningwheel ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Highschool Student