Ipod= battery problem fixed

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The ipod battery only lasts 18 months. Then you have to send it to apple and pay $105 to get replaced and 60% of the time it is not replaceable. You had just wasted your money. Im almost 95% sure by the end of 2004 into early 2005 Jobs will come out with a cheaper and easier way to change the ipods battery. You still have to pay around 80- 100 dollars for the replacement battery, but there is a 95% chance of success. And replacing the battery will be like changing the battery on the powerbook and ibook. Jobs will make the battery last about 2 years before replacing the battery. Then the ipod will be the best mp3 player in the market. Im going to wait to buy an ipod ( 15gb) till that happens.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    ok...
  • Reply 2 of 24
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Look at me I'm using the INTERNET
  • Reply 3 of 24
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    apple can replace rather than repair batteries now. already an option. no need to wait.
  • Reply 4 of 24
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    - The ipod battery only lasts 18 months.

Battery technology is a voodoo all it's own and while I'll take your 18 months at face value I'm gonna assume that's an 18 months with a health YMMV appended to the end.

- Pay $105 for repair and 60% of the time it is not fixable.

Huh? Where did you get that 60% figure?

- Almost 95% sure by the end of 2004 into early 2005...

You seems to be stuck on percentages... Almost 95% sure... well that's truly strange because I'm only Almost 93.8% sure I wonder where you (or I) went wrong...

- There is a 95% chance of success.

Again with these random percentage quotes.. I'm 100% sure it's starting to bug me...

- He will make the battery last about 2 years before replacing the battery.

He who?!? Steve Jobs?!?! Couldn't be since to the best of my vast resources of knowledge (aka google) Stevee has NEVER ever been involved in advanced battery engineering it's just a part Apple buys from someone else (who did design it). You do know most all the stuff put into the iPod is other companies parts... Apple just puts em all together like nobody else can.

- Then the ipod will be the best mp3 player in the market.

Oops I think your a little late with that prediction... Every MP3 built today is compared to iPod - and most reviewers (even those who have a deep hatred for Apple) agree that the iPod is still the MP3 player to beat...

Sorry for the tongue and cheek reply but the first post was a pretty random to begin with...

Dave
  • Reply 5 of 24
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    You can replace it for 50 bucks through some services.
  • Reply 6 of 24
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    My 24 month old iPod is alive and kicking and so is it's battery. When will I have to replace the battery? I will never know because I just got me.self a mini and I'm giving away my old iPod.

If you really want an iPod, you would just get one.
  • Reply 7 of 24
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iPeon

My 24 month old iPod is alive and kicking and so is it's battery. When will I have to replace the battery? I will never know because I just got me.self a mini and I'm giving away my old iPod.

If you really want an iPod, you would just get one.

First of all ipeon ever heard of the average of data. Yes some may live longer. Yours could last up to 30 months. It depends on the way you use it.
  • Reply 8 of 24
    so if its by steve's will that these batterys only last 18 months, does he "bless them" before each one leaves thinking that one day he will give us mere mortals batteries that last longer, but only when he feels like it. he must also be the one that determines when my puck mouse ball needs a cleaning, or how often i need to dust off the top of my monitor. i mean if only i had known he had so much involvement in the products life span.
  • Reply 9 of 24
    maskermasker Posts: 451member
    67% of all stats are made up on the spot.

MSKR
  • Reply 10 of 24
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

Look at me I'm using the INTERNET

See sig...
  • Reply 11 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

See sig...

why are you people so random. You random people never stay on topic.Wow your using the internet.For you youg kids who just began using the internet no offense . But the most random thing was see sig. What in the Hell is that supposed to mean.
  • Reply 12 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

- He will make the battery last about 2 years before replacing the battery.

He who?!? Steve Jobs?!?! Couldn't be since to the best of my vast resources of knowledge (aka google) Stevee has NEVER ever been involved in advanced battery engineering it's just a part Apple buys from someone else (who did design it). You do know most all the stuff put into the iPod is other companies parts... Apple just puts em all together like nobody else can.

Sorry for the tongue and cheek reply but the first post was a pretty random to begin with...

Dave

Au Contraire, Dave. Steve's RDF can create objects, products, and battery life out of a vacuum. The man just has the skills.

Charlie Manson: I don't need to kill anyone... I THINK it!

Steve Jobs: I don't need battery life.... I THINK it (Different)

Tongue-in-cheek is COMPLETEY called for in this situation. I personally predict that someday we will each have our own personal steam-powered automobile, and we can stop riding horses! Someday! There is a 33.777% chance of SJ adjusting the RDF by 13.33%, allowing better perfomance of iPod batteries. Too bad that adjustment will throw off 3Ghz G5 announcement by 35.7 days. Thanks a LOT.
  • Reply 13 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by quagmire

why are you people so random. You random people never stay on topic.Wow your using the internet.For you youg kids who just began using the internet no offense . But the most random thing was see sig. What in the Hell is that supposed to mean.

News Flash: "See Sig" means READ MY SIGNATURE, but you already knew that, right?

BTW, THIS: "*f1p34DDN7s69D" - is random.

OK, quag, let me explain it to you. Most of the useless threads on this whole board are started by people with well under 100 posts. I personally think people need some time to get used to the flow and how to actually SEARCH and USE the board before starting threads that no one wants to have on their screen. They are usually "look, I found news from three months ago! WOW!" and such nonsense.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread:

I just replaced the battery on my 1st Gen iPod with the kit from SmallDog. I have been impressed thus far. Battery technology is advancing at a nice pace. I am amazed that I get well over three hours of rapid-fire pictures on my Sony F717.
  • Reply 14 of 24
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

First of all ipeon ever heard of the average of data. Yes some may live longer. Yours could last up to 30 months. It depends on the way you use it.

You worry too much.
  • Reply 15 of 24
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

dont worry about nice name btw
  • Reply 16 of 24
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Quote:

and the topic was...oh, your not going to buy an iPod, hmmm, that's a heartbreaker...don't know what I'm going to do...
  • Reply 17 of 24

...Ahh... Great Read
  • Reply 18 of 24
    Quote:

For you youg kids who just began using the internet no offense . But the most random thing was see sig. What in the Hell is that supposed to mean.

"You Young [sic] KIDS who just began using the Internet" - would that be YOU? News Flash again Quagmire... YOU ARE THIRTEEN YEARS OLD.

(Man, it must be tough at recess)

For those interested in the actual thread topic, I would also recommend reading the one on the iPod battery hack... floating around here somewhere. I am using the hack and like it... three bars of information is not enough Apple. I want more precise numbers of how my little baby is doing with juice.
  • Reply 19 of 24
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Masker

67% of all stats are made up on the spot.

MSKR

Masker, you are so wrong. I'm sure the figure is 66%. In fact, I'm 75% sure that I'm correct with that figure at least 50% of the time.

'Yes - I'm a natural blue' - Dory dreaming.

• Reply 20 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

"You Young [sic] KIDS who just began using the Internet" - would that be YOU? News Flash again Quagmire... YOU ARE THIRTEEN YEARS OLD.

(Man, it must be tough at recess)

For those interested in the actual thread topic, I would also recommend reading the one on the iPod battery hack... floating around here somewhere. I am using the hack and like it... three bars of information is not enough Apple. I want more precise numbers of how my little baby is doing with juice.

Im fourteen thank you very much. And i meant around 6-7 yaer old kids who just began to use it. Your spelling out for us That you are a dickhead and won't give up intill you've won.