iTMS gift certificate question

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
if i have two gift certificates, can i redeem them at the same time? one time i redeemed a certificate with 5 cents still left on the other one, and i jsut wiped it out--i wanna make sure that doesnt happen cause i havent used either of them yet. thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    I believe that you can redeem as many iTMS gift certificates and/or the free tunes from Pepsi as you want. It will store on your account, like "2 songs + $10.00" next to your login name.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    awesome--thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    DAMMIT! it just decided to get rid of 60 cents i had left on the first certificate! apple gets a phone call tomorrow for this one.... (i know 60 cents isnt a whole lot, but thats a lot different than 5 cents or something, and its the principal of the matter).
  • Reply 4 of 5
    fuzz_ballfuzz_ball Posts: 390member
    Curious, do you use your ITMS account from multiple computers? If so, you may not have "lost" anything. I use my ITMS account from my PB and my wife uses it from her eMac. Basically if one of us completes a transaction, the "credit" that is left showing in the other persons shopping cart is not automatically updated until the next time you complete a transaction. For instance, I had a $2.48 credit plus a free song from the Pepsi promo. My wife bought 2 songs, thus using up the freebie plus part of the credit. My shopping cart still showed the free song plus $2.48. It did not get updated to reflect the true balance UNTIL I initiated a purchase from my PB.

I'm not saying this is what happened to you. You may have found a bug. I just wanted to point this out since at first I thought I was getting screwed too. Well, I was, but it was my wife, not Apple that was doing it. Which come to think of it, is the way it oughta be
  • Reply 5 of 5
    nope, i have one mac, and i've been the only user for about 6 months. my family hasnt had a chance to even set up itunes itself, let alone music store accounts.