Applecare. what will it cover?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello, one of my friends is seriously considering buying an apple powerbook. But he just has one thing that is making him from jumping for it. the warranty. His last laptop's (dell) screen cracked when he accidently broke it, they wouldn't cover this damage in its 1 year warranty. I was wondering if he bought the powerbook and applecare plan, will it cover accidental damages? the warranty statement is very vague, saying "...With this plan, parts and labor will be covered for 3 years from the date of purches of your apple computer."

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    They won't (and shouldn't) cover accidental damage. You'll need to use homeowner's insurance, a SafeWare policy, etc.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I'm now intrigued by safeware. does anyone use it? is it a good company? or is there another company that does the same.

Also, when you enter the coverage requested, does that mean that's the max amount of money they'll reimbures you with?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    You can also take your receipt to CompUSA and pay them a % of the total for a complete replacement program. I don't remember how much it is, but it might be worth it if your friend is a klutz.