Address Book, Mail and privacy

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

I've been meaning to ask this for a while as I haven't come to a nice solution to a minor problem here. I have a person in my Address Book, a close friend as well as a business partner, who would rather keep her real name private. I want to have that name stored in the Address Book, and when I look her up, I want to type her name to find it, and not a pseudonym. But when sending out e-mail (especially when it gets CC'ed to others), she doesn't want me to have the name in it, just an alias to it.

But when I have Mail pull out the information about her from Address Book, her real name of course always appears. Now... I could manually edit it out with every e-mail I send, but that's awkward and I keep forgetting to do that. I could also edit the Address Book entry to show her pseudonym only and move the real name to the Comments field, but that's equally annoying as it destroys the Address Book navigational concept.

So I guess what I'm asking is... is there a way to have Address Book mark certain pieces of data "private", and have Mail respect that?

TIA!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    Use BCC for her address in mail. Others don't get to see her name when this happens.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Well yeah, but that's not really what I want. The others *should* know that she got e-mailed - by her nickname, but not find out her name while they're at it.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    save another card for her in the address book. that way you can choose to have the address be shown as real name <emailaddress> or nickname <emailaddress> .