Image roll overs

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
How do I create a image "roll-over" in dreamweaver. I want an image to stay, then change/cycle though a series of 5 pictures every 5 seconds. How would I do that?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    check out htmlgoodies.com--they have some stuff, or just use google to look for some javascripts. i'm not a big fan of dreamweaver though--it's like cheating to make a webpage. you'd be better off learning how to write the code yourself.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Go to the "Insert" menu and select Interactive Image/Rollover image. Or you can select the "Rollover Image" icon from the Insert Bar. The Rollover image tool looks like an arrow getting ready to click on an image. Once you do this it is real easy to set up your rollover image.

I am using Dreamweaver MX and I would guess it would be pretty similiar in other versions as well.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dr VanNostran

Go to the "Insert" menu and select Interactive Image/Rollover image. Or you can select the "Rollover Image" icon from the Insert Bar. The Rollover image tool looks like an arrow getting ready to click on an image. Once you do this it is real easy to set up your rollover image.

I am using Dreamweaver MX and I would guess it would be pretty similiar in other versions as well.

but you only get to specify TWO rollover states this way (on/off).

if you want to cycle through 5, you'll want a Javascript Array or similar,

although I guess you could make an animated gif as one of the states.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Ah, I never thought of a anima, gif. That'd probably be the easiest way to solve my problem. Thanks