HP's impact on ipod pricing?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm considering an apple ipod, but I'm scared the price will drop when the HP ipod comes out...Do you think the price will drop>? if so, how much?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    Well, the price to specs ratio will always change so I say get what you think it's worth for you now. For the same price I got my 5 gig 2 years ago you can get the 20 gig now for.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    You've got to be crazy to think Apple will let HP sell its iPod for much less than Apple's own iPods. If anything, they'll only be cheaper because they'll be the smaller, previous-generation iPods.

Moving to Digital Hub, home of the iPod.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

You've got to be crazy to think Apple will let HP sell its iPod for much less than Apple's own iPods. If anything, they'll only be cheaper because they'll be the smaller, previous-generation iPods.

Moving to Digital Hub, home of the iPod.

I have to agree with Brad. If Hp's is cheaper and its the 3rd generation ipod there are 2 posible reasons for the price difference. One the 4th generation may come out when Hp's brings out there form of the 3rd generation. Two apple may plan to lower the prices of their ipod making the hp more expensive.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    Does anyone know when the HP iPods will be released?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    knappaknappa Posts: 106member
    I think he wants to know if iPods will get cheaper because lots more will (hopefully) be produced for Dell. Basic economic logic dictates that it might. But will Apple pass it on to the client ?