No more Comedy Central on Dish Network

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Like the comedy central advertisement says, make room in your couch for friends with Dish network, they will want to watch comedy at your house.

You know the end of the world is near when they broadcast TV channels without the daily show or south park...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Aren't they in some kind of fight with Viacom?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    I don't know the details, but here is the link to the comedy central advertisement.

http://dailyshow.com/mp/play.php?rep...k/lb_8103.html

p.s.> check out the videos.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Viacom dios

• Reply 4 of 8
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i just wish the comedy network would put more videos on their site. i had to go down to basic cable and lost the comedy network a few months ago, but the real videos of the daily show are okay. i would gladly sit through small real video commercials if it meant i could avoid upgrading my cable again to see other shows (reno911, for example).
  • Reply 5 of 8
    it was also discussed in this thread yesterday.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    MADness Ends Viacom, EchoStar War

http://www.forbes.com/2004/03/11/cx_da_0311topnews.html

Quote:

But generally the fact that the networks and the distributors are locked in a game of Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) preserves the peace. The only problem is that in order to be part of this arrangement, you need a massive network or distributor. Upstarts with just a channel or two need not apply.

Today, Viacom and EchoStar said that not only have they had they reached a deal, they have settled all litigation between them. They did not disclose the terms of their new long-term agreement. But they did say EchoStar agreed to run Viacom's Nicktoons this spring, and that they extended the term for EchoStar to carry channels such as Spike TV, CMT and TV Land. EchoStar sued Viacom in January, charging it with forcing it to carry newer cable networks it did not want in exchange for the right to retransmit CBS television stations in 16 local markets. The distributor said Viacom's demands were so unreasonable as to be illegal.

"It's great to have our networks back in front of all our viewers, and to bring a new service, Nicktoons, to DISH Network subscribers," said Mel Karmazin, president and chief operating officer of Viacom, in a statement. "We apologize to our viewers for the disruption in their service and want to thank them for their patience and support. We look forward to continuing to serve our viewers through DISH Network well into the future."

The greedy bastards sorted it out. All is well.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I missed the Chapelle Show last night... was it decent? More "When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong"?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

I missed the Chapelle Show last night... was it decent? More "When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong"?

Not one of the best. The keeping it real wasn't too funny this time and the I know black people sketch was only good for the first half.