Terrorist attack in spain : 200 people killed, 1500 wounded

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
4 terrible bombings occured in spanish suburban trains near Madrid : more than 190 peoples where killed. This is the most terrible terrorist attack in the whole spain history. 1200 people are wounded. The situation is terrible in Madrid.

There is a lot of chance that ETA made it. ETA is very unpopular now in spain, and it will not help them. Killing innocents people (the average guy who take train to go to work) is ugly. .

It's time for this terrorist group to die.

Update : Batasuna the ex politic branch of ETA said that it was not ETA, but AL quaeda. One thing is sure, it's not the way, ETA practiced terrorism in the past.

Updated the toll.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 143
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    It is a sad world we live in these days...
  • Reply 2 of 143
    The death toll is 173 now.

This is yet another sad day in history of human civilisation. Will it ever stop?
  • Reply 3 of 143
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    I love Spain.
  • Reply 4 of 143
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    I don't think it is the ETA. That group used to issue a warning beforehand every time they set off an explosive. At least that is what I hear on the news.

There are plenty of websites out there sponsored by governments that give information to the public on these issues.

http://cfrterrorism.org/terrorism/introduction.html

This a social problem and has to be addressed as such. I don't think there is a magic wand which can be used by the government to eradicate this. It is deplorable to say the least.
  • Reply 5 of 143
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Synchronised attacks. I hate to say it, but that stinks like al Qaeda.

ETA are just cowardly murderous scum; al Qaeda are evangelically ambitious cowardly murderous scum.
  • Reply 6 of 143
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I have relatives in Spain... I just hope this abates and doesn't spread to other cities like Barcelona or Seville. Fekking chicken-shit terrorists.
  • Reply 7 of 143
    bastards

fukken bastards!
  • Reply 8 of 143
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Quote:

Originally posted by talksense101

I don't think it is the ETA. That group used to issue a warning beforehand every time they set off an explosive. At least that is what I hear on the news.

The latest that I hear is that the Spanish gov't is blaming ETA. From the CBC Website:

Quote:

The Spanish government is blaming the Basque separatist group ETA, which had threatened a new round of violence in advance of general elections planned for Sunday.

"This is mass murder," Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar said.

Tests revealed that the bombs were made with a type of dynamite that has been used by the ETA, Spain's Interior Ministry said.

Link
  • Reply 9 of 143
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    This is terrible. As of right now, I think it's unknown who is behind the attack.
  • Reply 10 of 143
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    This was a horrible attack.

My thoughts are with the people of Madrid.
  • Reply 11 of 143
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    I am very saddened to see this

"I have learned two lessons in my life: first, there are no sufficient literary, psychological, or historial answers to human tragedy, only moral ones. Second, just as despair can come to one another only from other human beings, hope, too, can be given to one only by other human beings."

- Elie Wiesel

May Spain have better days ahead and may all the families be comforted through their time of sorrow.

May each of the dead be remembered for the love they added to the world.

Fellowship
  • Reply 12 of 143
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    This is really sad.

The Basque governor, who is a democratic nationalist think it's basque. One truck full of explosive was discovered some days ago, it belonged to ETA, that's why the ETA is on the top of the list.

Basque or not is not the question, but this act is unbelievable and haven't any explication even for an extremist.
  • Reply 13 of 143
    Yeah. Nice going.

I'm getting more and more convinced that terrorists, actually, are less interested in the idea of global Islamic revolution / kicking the Brits out / self-rule for Tamils or Basques or Chechens / liberation than they are in killing strangers as an end in itself.

It doesn't seem to matter how legitimate your grievance is - are you the kind of person who would put a bomb in a backpack on a train to kill strangers or not?
  • Reply 14 of 143
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I'm inclined to think it is the ETA, since they've not denied it. Other Basque groups have, but that's not the ETA. They may in fact say nothing in order to cause confusion / divert attention to other terrorist groups who could've done this. At this point why even make a distinction. It's likely they cooperate with one another when it suits their individual purposes, so in effect they're all part of a larger organized threat.
  • Reply 15 of 143
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

I'm inclined to think it is the ETA, since they've not denied it. Other Basque groups have, but that's not the ETA. They may in fact say nothing in order to cause confusion / divert attention to other terrorist groups who could've done this. At this point why even make a distinction.

I'm inclined to say it's al'Qaida rather than ETA right now. I think they're punishing one of the Coalition members, like they said they would. I hope not. It just smells... funny. Although I agree it doesn't really matter when you count the dead.
  • Reply 16 of 143
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Seems that wars are definately over.

Soldiers - 0

Cowards - add numbers to infinity.

Wake me up when it's over...

• Reply 17 of 143
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

We just need to come up with a way of taking these guys out. It's a new level and the old ways just don't work - it needs some revolutionary thought, no-one is safe anymore and it's getting worse not better.

We need to forget any partisan BS, any WOT or anything else - we need to bury any political differences till this is sorted and see the divide for what is really is - sane people versus maniacs.

This can't go on.

Of course. This won't bode well with some here but **** them. Identify the terrorists, find them and shoot them dead on site. Not a cowardly act I might say...it's called justice.

I feel the same way (right now...I'm a little pissed) with gangs and cowards who randomly kill, rape and steal from the innocent. in this country. they wear their colors on their sleeve...how hard is it to just gun them down and get it over with?

Sorry, I'm just pissed...Goes back to listening to the Dead Milkmen...

• Reply 18 of 143
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

We just need to come up with a way of taking these guys out. It's a new level and the old ways just don't work - it needs some revolutionary thought, no-one is safe anymore and it's getting worse not better.

We need to forget any partisan BS, any WOT or anything else - we need to bury any political differences till this is sorted and see the divide for what is really is - sane people versus maniacs.

This can't go on.

U can't do it.

You just can't put a policeman on every corner, close your borders, secure airports, and all that. How about fixing the problems which lead to actions like that?

And since it won't happen, prepare for more acts of that nature.
  • Reply 19 of 143
    Quote:

Originally posted by piwozniak

How about fixing the problems which lead to actions like that?

and what problems might those be? they prefer they're soup cold versus warm? people that do acts such as these are fvckheads, pure and simple. logic and reason went out the door a long time ago and nothing's going to appease them.
  • Reply 20 of 143
    Quote:

Violence breeds violence and if we're going to use that as the solution then we have to just keep upping the ante and every time act more extreme than they do. Then they'll do the same.

Well said.

So long as we, or our governments in our name, sanction the deaths of innocents in order to pursue the causes that we believe in, we are in a weak position to criticize others doing the same. The ends do not always justify the means for us or for them. We need to set an example and act from a position of moral strength. Win hearts & minds.

Its very sad for all those affected, victims, friends, families, Europeans...those responsible should be captured, tried and if convicted punished.

Those who support their aims should be shown the civilised way to respond to injustice.