Payday For Steve

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://news.com.com/2100-1047_3-5172...l?tag=nefd_top

What do you think he's going to spend his dollar on?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    A song at iTMS, duh...
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Yeah it was funny reading Apples 10k. Its all listing everyones pay and there is Job's $1. Then underneath the column it said that its like blah blah blah $98 million in the form of an aircraft.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Wow, I wish I was rich enough to work for a dollar a year... wish I could find a job too...
  • Reply 4 of 13
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

A song at iTMS, duh...

that would take 2 years salery, did ya forget taxes?

and he is paying like <edit>3.5</edit> cents a year to Social security, and thanx to poletitions, we will pay for his medical pot when he is an 86 year old with glocoma, but for him, aw hell give him the pot
  • Reply 5 of 13
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    i'm confused on this whole issue. can he jsut sorta ask for whatever he wants and apple gives it to him? i mean, with $1 in the bank (before taxes), how could he give away stuff like $200,00 to dean before he dropped out of the pres. race?
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Bonuses. Like, you know a jet. Read Apples 10k, he made like 400 million in bonuses, If you count the aircraft as cash. After he had it for like a year he got them to agree to compensate him for all of the fuel and supplies needed to run the aircraft to.

Basically the dollar a year thing was part of the agreement when he came back to Apple as part of the NeXT buyout. -From what I remember that is.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

i'm confused on this whole issue. can he jsut sorta ask for whatever he wants and apple gives it to him? i mean, with $1 in the bank (before taxes), how could he give away stuff like $200,00 to dean before he dropped out of the pres. race?

There is this small animation firm called Pixar. Steve only makes $1 from them too, but he owns 51% of the stock and that's worth some billion dollars.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    so why even bother saying he only makes a dollar? for PR reasons?
  • Reply 9 of 13
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Yup
  • Reply 10 of 13
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    I'm sure there are also labor laws regarding employee salary that require Steve to be compensated.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I think the dollar is half to keep him technically on payroll, half to be cute (the fact that it is one dollar), and the jet is just for awesome.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

that would take 2 years salery, did ya forget taxes?

and he is paying like <edit>3.5</edit> cents a year to Social security, and thanx to poletitions, we will pay for his medical pot when he is an 86 year old with glocoma, but for him, aw hell give him the pot

Hopefully some of his tax dollars will go to teaching English.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    muahmuah Posts: 165member
    I think I remember reading an article where Steve said he would have not taken the dollar, but it puts his family on the company health plan. No salary means you can't do that apparently.