Safari won't load MSNBC.com? Others?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
It loads in IE but not Safari. Anybody else have this problem? What sites do you have trouble with?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Works fine here.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Now that's weird. It didn't work for days and now it does. I emptied my cache but I had tried that before. All of a sudden it works. Really odd.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Now that's weird. It didn't work for days and now it does. I emptied my cache but I had tried that before. All of a sudden it works. Really odd.

SDW it happens to me all the time.... it is hit and miss and it pisses me off.

Fellows
  • Reply 4 of 6
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    Yeah, it's been off and on (mostly off) for me, too. I first noticed it early this week or late last week. Not sure whose fault it is.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    It happens to me with ebay sometimes. When I go into my profile, if I click the link for what I am selling, sometimes it won't go, sometimes it will. In IE and Opera, it always works.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member
    It may not be Safari. Half the time it doesn't load for me either. I use Mozilla 1.3.1 in OS 9. Hitting reload works sometimes. Other times apple-reload works.

It pisses me off. I've emailed them about it, and told them what browser I run and what OS. They emailed me back 2 weeks later and told me to use Safari.

From their site:

Quote:

Supported browsers and operating systems: To best view MSNBC.com, please use the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer. MSNBC supports the most popular browsers and operating systems as measured by viewer usage.

If you want to email them about it:

Quote:

MSNBC site redesign comments: Please send all comments about our design to [email protected] .