Where is all the purchased music?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My brother has bought somewhere in the area of 60 songs from the iTMS, but only 20 or so show up on his "Purchased Music" playlist. What's the deal? Do the songs just go away after a while or what? The music is still on his computer and in his Library, but not in the Purchased Music section. What's the deal? He hasn't removed them or anything like that, I've purchased a bunch of songs too, and they are all still in the Purchased Music section. Not a huge deal, I was just wondering if there was any reason why it is happening. Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    That happened to me when I had to reformat my hard drive and forgot to backup my playlists(but I remembered the music files).

Tell him to go into his iTMS accound and search for something about music you've already downloaded.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I think you may have misunderstood...he still has the music on his computer and has no problems playing it or anything like that, but it just isn't in his "Purchased Music" playlist. It's not a big deal, I was just wondering why this was happening.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I think you may have misunderstood...he still has the music on his computer and has no problems playing it or anything like that, but it just isn't in his "Purchased Music" playlist. It's not a big deal, I was just wondering why this was happening.

It's just a smart playlist of sorts. If you delete your playlists, it's gone. I'm not sure what the criteria are or what the tags on the songs are. I've got some songs that I purchased but are not in that playlist. These are songs I bought before I formatted and saved for the transfer.