Clean up

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Got a few problems I need some help with any advice is very welcome.

lets see, over the past month or so, my closet has become a little collecting spot for bottles and cans. its full of fortys and liquer bottles and flasks.

Its becoming a little conspicuos.

How do I get rid of these, because taking them to a grocery store would get me in trouble.

I gotta get rid of them soon, cause if my parents go in the closet, i would be rather dead.

any stratagies? i have thrown cans in a bag and walked to an apartment complex and just sorta left them there, but I don't like doing that.

also, whats the best way to clean carpets and floors, without making them look like they were cleaned

or how do i get the smell of stale beer out of the living room carpet.

any other cleaning tips are welcome thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Empties in the closet...house parties....broken art.......

Our little girl is growing up.

• Reply 2 of 15
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    For carpet stains, try the local pet store. There's some magic formula that gets the smell of cat piss out and should do the trick on beer too. As for the empties, I think the 'next to the dumpster' idea is best. Depending on your neighborhood a worthy homeless person might find them.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    someone's definitely living a pretty rough life, huh? good to see you again, even if you might be drunk

Unfortunately, I'm no help for such issues, as I don't drink nor spill any beer. Only tea from time to time. 8)
  • Reply 4 of 15
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Don't party. That's solution number 1. Sorry, but I have very little sympathy for you. There are so many other ways to have fun.

It's illegal for you to drink anyway...just don't do it.

Edit:

You're not really 15 are you?

Hate to sound like your mom and dad but...
  • Reply 5 of 15
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Don't party. That's solution number 1. Sorry, but I have very little sympathy for you. There are so many other ways to have fun.

It's illegal for you to drink anyway...just don't do it.

Edit:

You're not really 15 are you?

Hate to sound like your mom and dad but...

loser!

I say, get 'em drunk young so the thrill wears off.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Like DMBand0026 said, xionja, if you're drinking underage or having parties when you're parents are out of town or experimenting with life or trying in your own way to grow up or starting to think for yourself and pushing what you see as your current boundaries...YOU ARE GOING TO HELL!!!

See you there, love...
  • Reply 7 of 15
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    There seems to be a severe lack in cleaning tips

to respond to all you,

i'm still young at heart 709 (and yes they did break a piece of pottery art, and it was a houseparty when the parents were out of town, your physic no?)

i figure its better to know your limits before you have a car. kinda.

yeah i'm fifteen, i've always been the youngest at partys, i get a lot of odd looks from the 'older kids'

my parents don't suspect anything, its a little unerving

I got some febreeze, but i'm afraid that if I use it it will look like i'm covering something up.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by xionja

There seems to be a severe lack in cleaning tips

You live in or near the woods right? Bury the lot. There's no value in booze bottles, and the 5 or so pennies you might get from beer bottles isn't worth the hassle. I did the same when I was younger, and the poor beasts are probably still there.

Flasks, on the other hand...sell them on eBay...or sell them to me.

Quote:

Originally posted by xionja

I got some febreeze, but i'm afraid that if I use it it will look like i'm covering something up.

Best post ever.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    you already posted the whole party thing, i will ignore that assuming you were still drunk at the time...

anyway, test the febreeze on some small patch of the carpet, if it looks like you cleaned it you can always say you spilt a drink on it... this excuse also works for the entire carpet but that is a bit extreme....

also, not that I agree with DMB entirely, i think you should take care of yourself. if you are the youngest you are most likely being taken advantage of... be careful regardless... think about the consequences, but still live...
  • Reply 10 of 15
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    nah this was another one, but i totally forgot about that other thread.

i forgot how much fun you guys were to talk too. i should start hanging around here more.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    you had another party?!? within two weeks???

do you even have parents?

fvck, if they are really this oblivious to their maturing daughter, dump five bottles of febreeze on the carpet and let it dry... i am sure they wont even see it...

and read kafka's metamophosis...
  • Reply 12 of 15
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Do what I used to do. On trash day get the kitchen trash bag, tell everyone your taking out the trash because it's about time you did some work around the house, haul it up to your room, put some of the bottles in there, proceed to empty the trash in other rooms, and haul it outside for curb-side pick up. You parents will be impressed and you solve your problem.

It's either that or eat them. But that's not cool on the digestive track.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    and on the bottles, why can't you just haul them out to the trash (a dumpster) when you 'rents abandon you again...
  • Reply 14 of 15
    fangornfangorn Posts: 323member
    cleaning tip: baking soda (you know, the Arm and Hammer stuff); sprinkle it over the carpet and let it sit for an hour or so, and then vaccum it up. It kills smells like you wouldn't believe and won't leave behind the perfume smell that Frebreeze will.

I know it works because we had an old cat who forgot how to use the cat box for a while. I tried everything but the smell kept getting worse as the old, senile cat kept adding to the load (that was a separate issue that ended with the cat). I think it was my mother who told me about the baking soda. Cat urine is notorious as the worst smell to get out, but we got our full deposit back when we left that apartment.

As for the bottles, I have to chime in with "your too young to drink." Otherwise, you're gonna screw up your coping skills and then when life's REAL stress hits you, you'll have no where to go. Trust me.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    not that you should ever use alcohol as a release...