finally got an ipod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
i got an ipod finally!!! it is one of the greatest devices i have ever seen. i wanted it so bad that i got the 20gb because they were out of the 15gb. the guy who sold it to me said "if you dont feel u need all the extra accessories and extra space just bring it back and get the 15gb". so im thinking that the ipod mini should be out within the time frame that i have (30 days) and ill go for that instead. i dont need even 15gb, i would really like 8gb but 4gb should sefice. does anyone have an exact date on release in canada? and would that release date be for general release or just at apple.ca?

can u copy any type of file onto the ipod? and if so, how do u go about doing this?

cheers!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Just plug it into yer comp and mount it.

With the new ipod mini you wont be able to boot of it like you can on the current ipods.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    what the difference between mini and reg? u wont be able to copy files onto it? after i asked the question of how to put files on it i hooked it up and noticed that it shows up like another hard drive. u arent able to do that on the mini? doesnt the mini use the same software?

are the only type of contacts u can add the ones from your address book or can u make other types?

can u connect the ipod to another computer and copy the songs from the ipod to it? how do u do it?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    The software is the same. You can't just open the iPod in the Finder and copy the songs out, there are a few different ways to go about getting songs out of the hidden folders on your iPod.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    My mini is on the way. I'll make sure to post all sorts of details and pictures when I get it.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    can u connect the ipod to another computer and copy the songs from the ipod to it? how do u do it?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

My mini is on the way. I'll make sure to post all sorts of details and pictures when I get it.

I'm excited to see it....anyone have bout a regular and a mini if so do the sizes really differ that much or are they both similar?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    If you have a regular one take a credit card and set them next to each other. There is your size comparison. My brother just ordered one for his fiance, I'll take some pictures of mine (that is coming soon!!!!) and her mini next to each other.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    jidojido Posts: 125member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

what the difference between mini and reg? u wont be able to copy files onto it? after i asked the question of how to put files on it i hooked it up and noticed that it shows up like another hard drive. u arent able to do that on the mini? doesnt the mini use the same software?

You can do the same with the iPod mini.

Quote:

are the only type of contacts u can add the ones from your address book or can u make other types?

It can be from other sources. I exported my contacts from a Palm using the Palm Desktop software and the iPod recognises them fine. They should be in vCard format.

Quote:

If you copy the songs on the iPod simply as data (ie. without using iTunes), then you will be able to load them off your iPod easily. But you won't be able to play them.

The songs that you put on the iPod using iTunes cannot be copied from the iPod to another computer. But you can still play them using iTunes on the other computer. For example, if you install iTunes for Windows on your office PC, you can connect your iPod to it and play your selection in iTunes.