Home clustering?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is home clustering possible?

Firstly, can you have different processors in the one cluster? IE a G5 and a G3?

If this is possible, how do you form a cluster? The reason I am asking is because my mates and I, between us, have two g3's, two g4's, and one g5. We were discussing clustering them all one Sunday arvo... just for fun. So is this possible, and if so, how does one do it.

Les T.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Xgrid

What do you need clustering for? You know it isn't like cumulative speed for everything. You run a job from the Xgrid application, it is only applicable to some processes which unless you like math I doubt you need or have a use for this.

I know some video apps let you cluster, but I'm not sure of any of their names as I don't do that, so I'm sure someone else will tell you.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Answer to your questions:

yes

yes but a little more difficult to configure

Have you looked at the beowulf cluster project. I'm new to macs so I haven'' found the specific software yet.

You may have to install linux because there are wealth of linux projects that deal with this very thing.

try this: http://www.google.com/search?q=beowu...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

XGrid

It's Xgrid.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

It's Xgrid.

I guess I'll have to use ignorance as the excuse this time since I typed it twice incorrectly

It has been fixed

iMac

iBook

Xserve

Xgrid

eMac

iPod

got it