Printer Dialogue needs "Spider Senses"

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I'm working on an iBook, not sure if this happens to anybody else....

I hate it when I go to my print dialogue's printer options because certain options (like print quality) make the box grow longer, which means the dialogue stretches down off the bottom of the screen...taking several important buttons with it. I have to grab the top of the dialogue and drag it up to gain access to these controls.

InDesign has one of its print spool dialogues slide up to the top of the screen....I think it would be great if the operating system exhibited that same awareness of the bottom of the screen with its own dialogues.

Are drop-down sheets supposed to be the proper cocoa execution of print dialogue behavior? That would certainly be better than the way it works now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

I hate it when I go to my print dialogue's printer options because certain options (like print quality) make the box grow longer, which means the dialogue stretches down off the bottom of the screen...taking several important buttons with it. I have to grab the top of the dialogue and drag it up to gain access to these controls.

I hate this too. It would be nice if the window simply popped up a bit higher, or they turned it into a sheet in AppleWorks, (although this would probably be notoriously difficault with AppleWorks). Still, making the window pop up a little higher to begin with would get rid of this problem. m.