Will the ipod will have a longer life span and a replaceable battery

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Do you guys think the 4th generation ipod will have a longer life span battery and a replaceable battery ;ike powerbook and ibook. Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    If apple can get 10+ again(realistic 10+ ) the battery will not be replaceable. If they can't get above 8+ then they might consider replaceable battery, but don't count on it, part of the iPod's aesthetic beauty is the seamlessness of it, it's a solid vessel for listening to music, visible battery packs(with latches) detract from that
  • Reply 2 of 7
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Longer life span battery? Very possible.

Replaceable battery? It already is replaceable. But yes, you mean by the user. Nope. I don't see that ever happening.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    A replaceable battery don't get your hopes up. A lomger life span up to 10 hrs and more then the myth 18 months maybe 36-48 months.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    Apple doesn't develop the battery technology which goes into the iPod. That said, they will use the available technology in the marketplace. It would be interesting to see a mock up of an iPod with a replaceable battery in the fashion of a cell phone...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    This is alot off topic but how is Dead Man getting more posts when his prvilges are revoked. Is he somehow hacking his way through. He was at 87 last time I checked when his privleges was revoked. Then it went to 9. Now 12. This is crazy.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    maybe a longer battery life, but people keep wanting color screens, etc, and theyre not gonna get a better battery life if they want all of those. adding a replaceable battery would make the case look ugly. people are gonna bi**ch no matter what happens, so i'm just gonna stay out of most of it.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I think you are asking for two incompatible things--longer battery life generally requires a more sophisticated battery and is less likely to be replaceable. Also, it can't increase the size, which also argues against user replaceable batteries.

My guess is that barring advances in battery technology, size and battery life will trump user replaceablity in most buyers minds. Most people don't think two years down the line.