Think Free Office

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Has anyone used or heard of a program called Think Free Office? I saw it for $42 at Staples and it says it works on OSX. Any opinions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I tried it over a year ago and, although I don't remember much about it, my general impression was "eh". As I recall, it's a Java app and I had some trouble getting it to interact with some things.

I may have to try it again...
  • Reply 2 of 10
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

I tried it over a year ago and, although I don't remember much about it, my general impression was "eh". As I recall, it's a Java app and I had some trouble getting it to interact with some things.

I may have to try it again...

If its a java app, forget it. Im trying to find an inexpensive word processor. I see Macsonly or macsolutions has copies of Appleworks 6.2 I believe for $10. I dont know if it works with panther or not though.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by steve666

I see Macsonly or macsolutions has copies of Appleworks 6.2 I believe for $10. I dont know if it works with panther or not though.

Yes, it will work with Panther. For $10, that's a pretty good package.

Just remember to download the update once you're installed it:

http://www.apple.com/appleworks/update/
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Yes, it will work with Panther. For $10, that's a pretty good package.

Just remember to download the update once you're installed it:

http://www.apple.com/appleworks/update/

Then Im going for it-thanks!
  • Reply 5 of 10
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    You might want to check this out. I know it is pre-beta but it is free and has tons of potential.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    i've used it, it's an okay app (TFO i mean)

it's good for the price
  • Reply 7 of 10
    I just ordered appleworks 6.2 for $16 including shipping. Its a OEM CD that came with the emac. It better work on my G3 iMac! They said it should work on any Apple computer that meets the specs requirement.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    scavangerscavanger Posts: 286member
    I thought OEM was NFR (Not for resale). Usually you have to sell a peice of hardware with it form the computer, atleast thats how Microsoft's OEM's are. Is Apple lienent on this?
  • Reply 9 of 10
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    What sorta hardware does the current version of OpenOffice.org need to run on OS X?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by scavanger

I thought OEM was NFR (Not for resale). Usually you have to sell a peice of hardware with it form the computer, atleast thats how Microsoft's OEM's are. Is Apple lienent on this?

I thought so too, but for 16 bucks Im giving it a shot. Its from a store too, I got the name wron before. The site is Megamacs.com