iLife Print Ads

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So can somebody tell me please:

- when did these start showing up?

- where's the thread discussing and analyzing them ad nauseum? I'd have thought they'd be enough to make pscates head explode.

And yes I've looked but I have a sneaking suspicion AI's search engine might be a bit crap.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    What mags are these in? I assume the usual suspects, Time, Newsweek, Business Week, WS Journal?

Scan these ads, lets get down to business.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

What mags are these in? I assume the usual suspects, Time, Newsweek, Business Week, WS Journal?

Scan these ads, lets get down to business.

No scanner, no camera. Sorry. It's in the up-market lift out mag you get in the major newspapers - here on a Saturday, I'm sure all the major newspapers in the States have them as well. But same sort of classier style of advertiser that you get in publications like Time and Newsweek. Apple usually only advertise in it via a double page spread in the first couple of pages.

And it's just basically the "It's like Microsoft Office for the rest of your life" thing - right page is a reworking of what's on the website and left page with lots of pretty pictures, slogan and Apple logo. Maybe I should have asked, when did they start advertising iLife in the mainstream media. Maybe they always have in the States even before Garageband was released? But to see an ad purely for software outside of anything other than Australian MacWorld or something like that is pretty much unheard of here. Can't even think of seeing one for OS X that wasn't associated with flogging the hardware as well.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Hey, what was that reference to my head exploding?

I haven't seen these ads yet. Interesting.

In any case, I've pretty much accepted that Apple is intent on going the ultra low-key, "we're a cool niche company and we certainly don't want to toot our own horn" marketing route, so I can't get too torqued up anymore about their lame-ass, backfiring, ineffective, sad, cringe-inducing, limp, no-results-causing, all-style-no-substance, choir-preaching, film-wasting, vague, meaningless, waste-of-30-seconds, and next-to-useless marketing.

Oh wait...