Kerry: Best Quote EVER by ANYONE.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Kerry:

"I actually did vote for the 87 billion dollars before I voted against it," Kerry told supporters in West Virginia._

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,114420,00.html

Wow. Just, WOW. I assure you this accurate. Apparently what he meant was that he voted for an amendment that would have paid for the $87B by repealing some of Bush's tax cut. This one puts Clinton to shame.

This is your guy, folks! Oh, and for those "there is no liberal bias is the media" folks, please notice that CNN, the NYT, and the LAT make NO mention of this quote. I've seen the video. It's for real.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 64
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    There is nothing wrong with his statement.
  • Reply 2 of 64
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I may be able to top you. Kerry gave this answer to a questionnaire by Humane USA a pac for humane treatment of animals. Reads like a hollywood script. Some are calling this bullshit too.

Quote:

Do you have any pets that have made an impact on you personally?

I have always had pets in my life and there are a few that I remember very fondly. When I was serving on a swiftboat in Vietnam, my crewmates and I had a dog we called VC. We all took care of him, and he stayed with us and loved riding on the swiftboat deck. I think he provided all of us with a link to home and a few moments of peace and tranquility during a dangerous time. One day as our swiftboat was heading up a river, a mine exploded hard under our boat. After picking ourselves up, we discovered VC was MIA. Several minutes of frantic search followed after which we thought we'd lost him. We were relieved when another boat called asking if we were missing a dog. It turns out VC was catapulted from the deck of our boat and landed confused, but unhurt, on the deck of another boat in our patrol.

I never realized that Kerry served in Vietnam. He never mentions it
  • Reply 3 of 64
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    EVER? by ANYONE?

don't think so... unless there are some special qualifications you had in mind.

wanna wager the eating of words?

would you prefer Quayle or Bush as a side dish...
  • Reply 4 of 64
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

I may be able to top you. Kerry gave this answer to a questionnaire by Humane USA a pac for humane treatment of animals. Reads like a hollywood script. Some are calling this bullshit too.

If that's true, he gets credit from me. That's a pretty funny story.
  • Reply 5 of 64
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    See and here I thought this was the best quote ever:
    Quote:

"'If you're going to make an accusation in the course of a presidential campaign you ought to back it up with facts,'

-GWB

• Reply 6 of 64
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

There is nothing wrong with his statement.

Please. It's ridiculous.
  • Reply 7 of 64
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with the statement when read in context. You're just being preverse.
  • Reply 8 of 64
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Please. It's ridiculous.

Not if your a Kerry fan.
  • Reply 9 of 64
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SilentEchoes

Not if your a Kerry fan.

Not if you're intelligent either.

Cheney accused Kerry of voting against body armor for the troops. It's a lie. Kerry voted for body armor, that bill failed. You're a liar if you disagree, like Cheney.

It's called politics, and bad politics at that.
  • Reply 10 of 64
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Bush's harem here is just upset that there are calendars with a bushism for each day of the year.
  • Reply 11 of 64
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I understand what you're getting at, SDW. You think John Kerry contradicted himself. Want to show exactly how he did? I'm assuming you'll include the paragraph preceding the quote in question in your explanation. Good luck!
  • Reply 12 of 64
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    A vote for John Kerry is a vote for Osama.
  • Reply 13 of 64
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Bush's harem here is just upset that there are calendars with a bushism for each day of the year.

Harem? Hmmm...never thought of them in that sense. I usually call them members of The Church of Bush.

Re: the topic.....LAME. It's funny how something so trivial gets them excited re: Kerry. I mean, that's the best ever??
  • Reply 14 of 64
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Hmmmmm,, I wonder how a St. Patrick's Day Lock would look on this thread?

Just curious

Fellows
  • Reply 15 of 64
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Best Quote EVER by ANYONE.

Quote:

"The Stupidity is Amazing"

yep.

edit - clarification: reference to your thread title, not the quote.
  • Reply 16 of 64
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Quote:

Why does this part of your commentary not surprise me? He was a heavily decorated veteran of that war. Believe me though, if you haven't heard anything about it yet, you're going to in short order....
  • Reply 17 of 64
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Look, anyone who looks at that quote can immediately recognize it's a stupid quote. No matter what context it was said in or wether it is factually based or contradictory is not the point. It sounds stupid, so it's a bad quote.

"I actually didn't win the lottery, before I won the lottery."

"I actually didn't get in a car accident, before I got in a car accident."

"I actually didn't shoot heroine, before I shot heroine."

"I actually didn't commit 57 acts of bestiality, before I committed 57 acts of bestiality."

They all sound just as dumb as the Kerry quote. I know what he did and didn't vote for, and I don't think he's being hypocritical. But he sounds like a goof.
  • Reply 18 of 64
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Not if you're intelligent either.

Cheney accused Kerry of voting against body armor for the troops. It's a lie. Kerry voted for body armor, that bill failed. You're a liar if you disagree, like Cheney.

It's called politics, and bad politics at that.

No. Kerry tried add a tax increase rider in the supplemental spending to pay for the body armor. That's what he voted for. Not getting that he voted against it. So he voted against body armor.

Kerry talks out of both sides of his mouth. He says we shouldn't "cut and run" in Iraq yet he doesn't want to fund the effort to not cut and run.
  • Reply 19 of 64
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    What a pretty green lock. Where can I get one Mr. Moderator?
  • Reply 20 of 64
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

No. Kerry tried add a tax increase rider in the supplemental spending to pay for the body armor. That's what he voted for. Not getting that he voted against it. So he voted against body armor.

Kerry talks out of both sides of his mouth. He says we shouldn't "cut and run" in Iraq yet he doesn't want to fund the effort to not cut and run.

He does want to fund the effort, just not on credit. Why shoudn't a war require some sacrifice? Isn't that part of the noble American character, to be willing to step up and make the tough choices in the face of adversity? So why does Bush think he can mask the real cost of this adventure through deficit spending?

By the way, pretending a vote against an unfinanced 87 billion dollar special appropriations bill (and a vote for a financed one) is a "vote against body armor" is blatent partisan spin.