can't move files to OS X via bluetooth!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hello all-

I just bought a Nokia 3650 with a built-in camera phone. I'm having some problems transferring images from the phone to my Mac.

I've been able to sync my address book and calender via Bluetooth and iSync with no problems; I've also been able to move images from my Mac to to the phone with no problems (they show up in my messaging in-box). So there is certainly no problem with the connection between the two machines.

However, when I try to send a picture via Bluetooth from my phone to the computer, I run into trouble. I have my Mac's Bluetooth settings so that I can accept files, and OS X's firewall off (I'm behind a hardware firewall). When I choose to send a picture on the phone, the phone identifies my computer right away; when I choose my computer on the phone, a dialog box pops on the Mac informing me that I have an incoming file transfer and giving me the option of accepting or declining it. When I hit "Accept", the dialog box reads "Status: Calculating... Time Remaining: Calculating..." and the status bar goes into "barber pole" mode. Then it just hangs like this indefinitely. (When I transfer files of a similar size from the Mac to the phone, everything works in a matter of seconds.) All this time, a dialog box on the phone screen reads "Sending data."

Anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here? Is there some setting I need to tweak that I haven't thought about?

I should add that I'm using 10.3.3.

jf

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    in bluetooth preferences>file exchange, try changing receiving items to accept files without warning
  • Reply 2 of 3
    jfruhjfruh Posts: 34member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

in bluetooth preferences>file exchange, try changing receiving items to accept files without warning

Hmm, nope, same result (only without the initial prompt, obviously). Still hangs while trying to transfer.

I also tried switching my bluetooth dongle from the unpowered USB hub on my keyboard to a powered hub -- same results both times.

jf
  • Reply 3 of 3
    well that's all i got, i have the 3650 and just exchanged some photos to check all my settings and i don't see what else it might be.

you could delete your pairings and set them up again. other than that i got nuthin'. sorry.