Can I get $850 USD for my G4 iMac 700 combo?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Do you think this is a fair price I can get if I sell it privately?

It has 512mb of RAM and a combo drive...plus it's got the spanking original 15" monitor.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Fair for whom? You - YES, the buyer - no.

eBay is the answer to all your super-sucker overpayers.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I'm sure there are more, but this is the first auction that popped up in my search for completed items:

15" iMac 700 MHz - Like New!!

It only has 256MB of RAM (but comes with some kind of Macally mouse), and it went for $860 US. It only ended 8 days ago.

Hey, I sold my refurbished 700MHz G3 iMac for $770US in January on eBay! So yeah, anything is possible. Christ, you could get $900US for it if you add enough exclamation marks to your auction title!

• Reply 3 of 5
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    ...and post a picture of it with a cool Photoshop flames/outer space/psychedelic Filter extravaganza background to it. People appreciate the effort and it keeps Kai Krause in the minds and hearts of everyone.

Throw in a dragon holding a sword of some kind and you're guaranteed $1,100.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

People appreciate the effort and it keeps Kai Krause in the minds and hearts of everyone.

Thanks for the tips folks. By the way, what is Kai up to these days?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I'm not sure. Last I heard about him was about 4 years ago, he was consulting on some software I believe. There was an interview with him on some German website, I believe. But it's been so long, I can't remember much.

He was just being kinda cryptic and weird-acting.

Artists...