Phtoshop 7 Crash

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a Dual 1.25 G4 with 1.7 GB of Ram and was running PS and iTunes with a little mail on the side. PhotoShop file size was about 250Mb so i wasn't pushing it to much. Well i had a freeze up and it wouldn't let me force Quite any aps, so i had to hard restart. When it booted back up the file was gone as if it was never there, and i had been working on it for more then 5 hours and saved several times.

I checked the trash and used a search for any files created today just to be sure, but nothing showed up. Then i ran diskwarrior, witch confermed all files had been found and repaired but still nothing. Has this happened to anyone before? I mean i have been useing Macs for ten years and never run into anything like this before. I mean the file has been vaped like it never existed. Do you guys know anything that might help? And im running 10.2.8 Jag.

Thanks VX

P.S. Sorry for spelling errors.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    dage007dage007 Posts: 320member
    Had the same thing happen to me a few times. I know that the file actually get's saved somewhere, but not under the file name. It does get saved as a 43242352520 kind of file. Maybe do a search for .psd and check the dates to match up the time of the crash. If I can remember, then I will send you the file type incase it isnt a PSD, but I believe it should be. Maybe even do a search for all your files taht have had activity, and go by the date then look for anything out of the norm and roughly the file size your looking for. I never understood why adobe never added the feature to back up the paintings or files in PS. I know premiere has it and it sure comes in handy sometimes expecially if your really getting into your work and you forget to do the odd save. WHen I had a pc, I used to have a buzzer to reming me to save every 30 min because of multiple blue screens.