DC Problems...solve this one Brad!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Didn't used to do this uninstall I reinstalled OS X. I made a thread about how much faster everything was and how great it was. Well Direct Connect is now slow as sin. It uses 80% of my CPU for probably probably near two min to open. I change something in the preferences another minute for it to process.

I've...

Deleted Prefs

Deleted Caches

Deleted Program and downloaded another copy

Restarted

Repaired permissions

Ran fsck

What now playboy?

Added by edit:

It isn't slow for everything just some things, but DC is a little pig B.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Well, duh, it's the packets from your ISP clogging up your line.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    The feds are hacking your computer for downloading illegal goods.

No one can help you now.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    You arent clearing your completed list. Make sure you have show all for the transfer view. All of your completed files show up there. Loading them takes ages.

Or, if you just grab a whole directory, and it has thousand of files in it, same thing.

You can only really do a few files at a time ( no more than 100 ) then clean up.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Thanks, but I don't have anything in my transfer folder. Please the fbi, I have a powerbook, not a windows machine...I removed my slot loading drive, and filled it with thermite incase in i need to quickly destroy my information.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    Not in your transfer folder, but in the transfer view of Direct Connect. It doesnt care whats in the folder, but keeps track of everything you are transfering in a history database. If that database gets big then DC gets really slow.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mmmpie

Not in your transfer folder, but in the transfer view of Direct Connect. It doesnt care whats in the folder, but keeps track of everything you are transfering in a history database. If that database gets big then DC gets really slow.

Yeah I know what you meant, sorry I just said the wrong thing. There is nothing in there...it did this the same way the first time I used the program after installing OS X. It works fine in other users accounts though! Maybe I just delete this account and make a new one?