northgate's thread got locked before i could add this:

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

cute enough...i'd vote for her...could maybe even add her to the i'd hit it thread....

g

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    OK g, who is she?
  • Reply 2 of 24
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alex London

OK g, who is she?

Why, she is none other than Stephanie Herseth, the SD candidate for Congress and that rarest of specimens, the Candidate Babe.

I checked out the vids on her web page (just in case that photo was one of those "exact angle and lighting" deals that flatter, and yep, she is very attractive in a very wholesome mom and apple pie sort of way.

She also is extremely telegenic, with a relaxed on camera vibe that must a huge asset in a Congressional race.
  • Reply 3 of 24
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    Doesn't she have a "secret website" or something? How much do I have to pay to get in?
  • Reply 4 of 24
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    "If She Were A President She'd Be Baberoham Lincoln."
  • Reply 5 of 24
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Yes, she is defnintely a babe.

But, my original thread, before Tumptman intentionally derailed it, was about whether or not it's smart for Republicans to try and "frame" the issue of monies raised via Websites and Blogs as tainted simply because it may comes from liberals.

It's not smart because they too will soon want to raise money off the Internet for their efforts. Would they not then be considered hypocrits? Then of course, this wouldn't be the last time we've caught them red handed talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Here's the quote from the article that got my so pissed off:

"I think the real point is you judge a person by the friends they keep, and look where she's focusing her fund-raising efforts," Glodt said. "Anybody can look at these blogs and the content, and realize the values they are promoting are completely contradictory to the South Dakota values she purports to represent."

The friends they keep? Values? You've gotta be f*cking kidding me! You don't see Republicans shying away from raising money and keeping friends with ultra-right-wing groups do you? Republican's don't see anything wrong with having their photo taken at Bob Jones University, or with the crazy Moon guy, etc. Why should they? That's their constituency.

Why the fvck should Democrats? Oh, wait....liberals support gay rights. Now I got it. Those pesky faggots, we don't want them in South Dakota.
  • Reply 6 of 24
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    She is quite attractive in the photos on her election site. Much more so than in the professional photo gelding posted.
  • Reply 7 of 24
    Aha! Babe-hood trumps indignation!

Perhaps we've blundered onto the answer to political threads that get out of hand-- a picture of a pretty girl, and the boys are struck mellow!
  • Reply 8 of 24
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Don't go crazy guys. She has many good features but I'm not going to call her a babe.

I found it almost impossible to find out if she's a democrat or republican on her site.
  • Reply 9 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Don't go crazy guys. She has many good features but I'm not going to call her a babe.

I found it almost impossible to find out if she's a democrat or republican on her site.

Uh oh. Maybe I spoke too soon...

"She's a babe!" "What kind of retard would hit that?" "Like you've ever even been layed!" "Does your mother count?"

We're doomed.
  • Reply 10 of 24
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

Yes, she is defnintely a babe.

But, my original thread, before Tumptman intentionally derailed it, was about whether or not it's smart for Republicans to try and "frame" the issue of monies raised via Websites and Blogs as tainted simply because it may comes from liberals.

It's not smart because they too will soon want to raise money off the Internet for their efforts. Would they not then be considered hypocrits? Then of course, this wouldn't be the last time we've caught them red handed talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Here's the quote from the article that got my so pissed off:

"I think the real point is you judge a person by the friends they keep, and look where she's focusing her fund-raising efforts," Glodt said. "Anybody can look at these blogs and the content, and realize the values they are promoting are completely contradictory to the South Dakota values she purports to represent."

The friends they keep? Values? You've gotta be f*cking kidding me! You don't see Republicans shying away from raising money and keeping friends with ultra-right-wing groups do you? Republican's don't see anything wrong with having their photo taken at Bob Jones University, or with the crazy Moon guy, etc. Why should they? That's their constituency.

Why the fvck should Democrats? Oh, wait....liberals support gay rights. Now I got it. Those pesky faggots, we don't want them in South Dakota.

You are letting your own limited, stereotypical thinking get to you. The woman who's webpage you linked to that was "secret" also doesn't support homosexual marriage. She took quite a lot of heat for it in said blogs as well. In fact not only does she not support homosexual marriage, she actually support the Bush call for a constitutional amendment as well.

Hey look, an ignorant white male not supporting homosexual rights

So take your (yet again) stereotypical, ignorant perception of a white faced, republican, male bubba, and attach to it the fresh-faced young woman with a big D in the party registration that you see above.

Then prepare to blast her with the same hateful diatribes you've already used on the caricatures you've created to attack in this thread.

Keep attacking those windmills...

Nick
  • Reply 11 of 24
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    sadly i think it is time to add one more person to my ignore list...damn thing is gonna be a long lists of names by election time...g
  • Reply 12 of 24
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

You are letting your own limited, stereotypical thinking get to you. The woman who's webpage you linked to that was "secret" also doesn't support homosexual marriage. She took quite a lot of heat for it in said blogs as well. In fact not only does she not support homosexual marriage, she actually support the Bush call for a constitutional amendment as well.

Hey look, an ignorant white male not supporting homosexual rights

So take your (yet again) stereotypical, ignorant perception of a white faced, republican, male bubba, and attach to it the fresh-faced young woman with a big D in the party registration that you see above.

Then prepare to blast her with the same hateful diatribes you've already used on the caricatures you've created to attack in this thread.

Keep attacking those windmills...

Nick

What the f*ck?
  • Reply 13 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Northgate

What the f*ck?

Along with this...

Quote:

Oh, wait....liberals support gay rights. Now I got it. Those pesky faggots, we don't want them in South Dakota.

Except the liberal you were defending doesn't support gay rights. You made it sound like the basis of the Republican anger towards this woman would be because she supports gay rights where as the Republicans do not.

However she doesn't support gay rights, according to those, like yourself who frame the question of gays rights on one issue, homosexual marriage. She supports the president's view that, if necessary a Constitutional amendment should be passed to keep marriage between a man and a woman.

Interestingly enough you quote the Republicans who complain that she is fund raising from blogs that support issues she does not, while not quoting the actual blogs where she was flamed a bit for not supporting homosexual marriage.

I, forgot, in North's world it is only REPUBLICAN criticism that is hateful and wrong. We ignore Democratic criticism.

Nick
  • Reply 14 of 24
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Why do people ban other people on this forum? That censors half of the hillarious shit there is to read!
  • Reply 15 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Why is that so important, Scott? What about her stance on the issues? Doesn't that come first? Or are you a strictly partisan voter? No offense intended. I just want to know your political values better so I can understand you more.

Don't you find it interesting she hides her party affiliation on her site? I did read her issues.
  • Reply 16 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Don't you find it interesting she hides her party affiliation on her site? I did read her issues.

Exactly as interesting as the fact that her Republican opponent, Larry Diedrich, does exactly the same on his site.

• Reply 17 of 24
    Quote:

So we can see she actually differs in opinion with Scott on one issue (Scott supports gay marriage) but what reason could Trumptman have to be against her? Could it be that big "D"?

First you would have to find the post where trumptman has something against her.

What trumptman has is an extreme desire to point out how hypocritical it is of people like Northgate to claim a false outrage over nonsense and then justify it buy using stupid stereotypes that represent the type of ignorance they themselves are promoting.

Nick
  • Reply 18 of 24
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    So back to the subject at hand. I'd hit it.
  • Reply 19 of 24
    Quote:

Why is that so important, Scott? What about her stance on the issues? Doesn't that come first? Or are you a strictly partisan voter? No offense intended. I just want to know your political values better so I can understand you more.

Because you can't blindly be a republican without that imaginary line being drawn. Seriously, how can you follow somehting without question unless it's pointed out to you specifically.

Back on topic now... Boomer says "YUM!"
  • Reply 20 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by FaydRautha

Because you can't blindly be a republican without that imaginary line being drawn. Seriously, how can you follow somehting without question unless it's pointed out to you specifically.

Back on topic now... Boomer says "YUM!"

[Edited by Fellowship]

Don't even go here Scott. Fellowship