How to open Pbook so I can clean the fans

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Is there a way to open the Pbook so i can clean the fans? If so how? What kind of tools do you use? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Compressed air may clean your laptop without opening it up. Just make sure the fans don't spin too fast. And if you use caned air, make sure you hold the can straight up and down.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    compressed air is NOT THE WAY TO GO! it ruined my nice apple keyboard, so now there are lots of letters that are hard to push down. (and yes i followed all the directions with the canned air--it just sucks).
  • Reply 3 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Wait a second. How in the world can AIR damage your keyboard!?! The only danger I have ever seen from using air for over 5 years is over-revving the fans. And even that is easily avoided by sticking a toothpick in the blades of the fan. Use it correctly and there is no problem.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Wait a second. How in the world can AIR damage your keyboard!?! The only danger I have ever seen from using air for over 5 years is over-revving the fans. And even that is easily avoided by sticking a toothpick in the blades of the fan. Use it correctly and there is no problem.

maybe residue from the canned air?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    despite all my efforts, i guess some of the watery crap in the cans got under my keyboard.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Canned air is just going to blow the dust around deeper into the case.

A regular vacuum nozzle worked for me in my iBook.

Suck it out, don't blow it in.