WTF is this? (PowerPod)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/333/C2687/

Maybe I'm crazy, I usually trust MobileMag to give fairly accurate info, but this one looks way off. Plus Apple made no mention of it. (Not that they absolutely would, it says it's not out 'till July).

Comments anyone?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Oh man...

**DMBand checks watch**

**checks clanadar**

**checks date on computer**

**checks date on article**

Yep, they all match up. Look at that article again, the only thing they forgot was a big ol'

APRIL FOOLS!!!
  • Reply 2 of 10
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    I happen to have just inherited a bridge in New York and am interested in a buyer. Email me at [email protected] I'll practically give it away!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    octaneoctane Posts: 157member
    Haha, now I feel real dumb, I went all day and no one pulled anything, I forgot all about it being fool day.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Just looking at the "less then perfect" PS job done on the "powerPod" made me think it was fool day... then I checked the date.

EDIT: Don't feel bad about it... This year I got fooled too, I read a news byte that told me my Linux distro's founder had retired. (When you use a distro with one person running the show it is a scary thought) I bit, and later found out that I was a fool.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Haha, they must have read my post....

Recently added to the beginning of the article:

April Fools
  • Reply 6 of 10
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    I recently saw an April Fools piece that was about the PM G5 Rev B. It said that there would not be a full line revision for almost nine months. Oh, wait a minute.. that was reality. ***T!
  • Reply 7 of 10
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    LOCK?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Never mind the April fools business just think

if they did make a power pod/pad/ Video pod what ever.

Wouldn't that be a good try?.

I think it looks good, and hey you can't expect miracles !.

Half decent attempt ay?. \
  • Reply 9 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Clunky. Poor use of space in the bezel. Bad camera ergonomics (not to mention easily scratchable). Speakers not well placed, and wrong technology to be using.

Shall I go on?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Yeah, it's not even a good mock-up.

I think it's safe to lock this thread since it's a pretty obvious joke/fake. There are plenty of other more substantial threads discussing future iPods or video devices.