LDAP Directory in Address Book (U o' M)

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So, today, i was signing up for orientation, and I start peeking and notice that the University of Michigan has an LDAP directory ( that I am now a part of), and I was thinking that maybe I could get Address Book to work with this directory. So, i scooped around, and found some stuff, and punched it into Address Book (10.3.3)

It shows a list of people, some people, but it doesn't list my brother, who goes there, when i search for his name. It seems to be an incomplete list. What am I missing?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    noleli2noleli2 Posts: 129member
    I've tried to get the Umich directory to work in address book, but to no avail. I remember some kind of instructions some guy posted on his site about how to get it to work in Outlook. I tried using those same directions for Address Book, but got nothing. Maybe I'll try again after I get a bit of homework done....
  • Reply 2 of 4
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    You would think it would some really simple thing, just plugging in the server name because Mich. has a web-front end to their LDAP database. But, the results from a search in address book are incomplete, one name and a description of who they are (Professor ; or STAFF; or Student, Law)
  • Reply 3 of 4
    noleli2noleli2 Posts: 129member
    Maybe this user template could help in figuring out what the search base is supposed to be: http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/cgi-bin/cv...pe=text/plain.

I bet the reason you're showing up and your brother is not is because since you just registered for orientation, all of your fields, including the one(s?) (uid, etc.) that Address Book searches, are equal to your uniqname. Your entry isn't complete, as you can probably see in your directory.umich.edu entry, whereas your brother has the rest of his fields filled out. Just a thought....
  • Reply 4 of 4
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    naw, see, I am not even showing up when I search for me.