Redemption Song--Sung by a white guy?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Maybe the whole situation I've just "gone through" inspired me to be Bob Marley for 2 minutes. Here's my rendition...enjoy!

Redemption Song

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    All 20 viewers of this topic are speechless!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    Messiahtosh, technically, you were a bit off key at times but you have a good singing voice man.

Pretty good little tune.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    timotimo Posts: 353member
    Johnny Cash and Joe Strummer also do a pretty good version, in which Cash insists on singing in the Jamaican patois.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Timo

Johnny Cash and Joe Strummer also do a pretty good version, in which Cash insists on singing in the Jamaican patois.

• Reply 5 of 7
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Timo

i much prefer this ditty with the accent. the not-quite english adds character. a "normal" accent pulls the song too close, imo, to the conquering horde's tune, so it loses some feeling. but messiahtosh did pretty good rendition. by my clock, he was a little off in the timing, but mostly there.

i'm pretty sure i saw an eddie vetter, or just all of pearl jam maybe, version on limewire once. or maybe someone else. while i was, um, looking up non-mp3 related stuff...yea, that's the ticket. "don't steal"
  • Reply 6 of 7
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    "situation I've just 'gone through'"

Does that mean you smoked up Bob Marley style?

• Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

"situation I've just 'gone through'"

Does that mean you smoked up Bob Marley style?

8)