Photo Printers

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
What are some good (digital) photo printers around $500 or cheaper, that have a picture-viewable LCD, and built in memory card slots?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    You absolutely won't find one better than the Canon i900
  • Reply 2 of 6
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    How is the HP PSC 2510 Photosmart?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    this is all you need to know...

I bought this printer a month ago and it is the most amazing one I've ever used. The ink is much less expensive than HP ink, and if you run out of a single color, you don't have to throw away the whole tank. It is amazingly fast and takes about 30 seconds to print a 4x6 photo. Works over airport, and shares great. There is no better printer.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    resres Posts: 711member
    For photo printing you just cannot beat canon right now. I have the i950 which has been replaced by the i960, which now costs only $200. it is a really great photo printer.

The specs of the i9900, the newest printer in the canon line up, are fantastic, but I have not seen the output yet (nor have I seen a comprehensive review). It is an 8 color printer, and will print up to 13 x 19 inch borderless photos. It maximum resolution is 4800 x 2400 and it uses two picoliters size droplets. And it only costs $500.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I just got the i860, which is a photo printer like the i960, but not quite as good (obviously) and is made to do more text prints as well as photos. Judging from its performance, which is excellent, the Canon i960 or somesuch would be an excellent choice. I don't always love Canon as much as everyone else, but they got their printers right for sure.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    loganlogan Posts: 284member
    Thanks for your suggestions. One more thing, I'm not THAT focused on just photos, but I'd like the printer to have mainly photo capabilites. Thus, would the HP 2510 Photosmart be a good choice, I ask because it has scanner, lcd screen, and fax. Thanks.

Logan