Apple Campus Representative

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is anyone here currently or has been an Apple Campus Representative?

I interviewed for the position last week and I qualified for the next round. The next round will be giving a presentation in front of some Apple people.

What I'd like to know is what benefits are there with the position. It seems like It'd be a great commitment and helping apple a great deal but what do I get in the deal?

I sent the guy in charge an email asking him if the applicants are informed of the duties and benefits with the position.

he avoided the word benefits in his reply.

So am I to do this for free?

Does anyone know?

My love for apple is strong, but I will not give 15 hours a week for nothing as I have lots of other important stuff too.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    The guy at Princeton got paid and they gave him lots of junk. It's worth it if you like Apple junk.
  • Reply 2 of 31
    I wonder why they don't tell us we're getting paid
  • Reply 3 of 31
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    This is funny 'cause I just e-mailed our apple account manager for MSU about possibly being a campus rep...

He hasn't e-mailed me back yet though...its been less than 24 hours.

What campus? I'm at Michigan State.
  • Reply 4 of 31
    I'm at University of Virginia
  • Reply 5 of 31
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Can you work legally in the US? You're on a student visa?
  • Reply 6 of 31
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I guess that depends on his current nationality? if he's in the european or in the chinese one
  • Reply 7 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Can you work legally in the US? You're on a student visa?

hey, good point... damn... I can only work at the university...

so either way I'm fvcked.

Should I just bluntly say that I am a student visa and cannot work legally in the US and see if they talk about anything?

thanks scott for reminding me
  • Reply 8 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

I guess that depends on his current nationality? if he's in the european or in the chinese one

Do you have a sister I can marry? That way I can become american and we can all be happy!
  • Reply 9 of 31
    FVCKFVCKFVCKFVCKFVCKFVCKFVCKFVCKFVCK

I'm so pissed!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't work in the US!!!! Who came up with this stupid policy?????

The pay is $10 per hour and you get a fully loaded powerbook for the duration of the job!!!!

Fuc k!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 10 of 31
    rickyricky Posts: 6member
    I worked as an Apple Campus Rep back in 2001-2002. It was really fun for the most part. The pay is still $10/hr huh? Don't forget that the maximum work week is 20hrs. $10 an hour sounds good until you put that 20 hour work week restriction on it.

I've still got a boatload of posters, stickers, and other promotional items laying around the house. You're basically a sales rep for your particular campus. You do the leg work for the account executive who covers your school. You get him/her all the info, and then they make the sale.

The best thing I got from that job are official Apple business cards with my name on them. It was a great day I got those.
  • Reply 11 of 31
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Fully loaded PowerBook??? OK I want to be the URI Rep, stevecongrui can you give us a walkthrough how to go about it? Thx.
  • Reply 12 of 31
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Sorry to dash your hopes stevegongrui. Changing your status is hard.
  • Reply 13 of 31
    rickyricky Posts: 6member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Fully loaded PowerBook??? OK I want to be the URI Rep, stevecongrui can you give us a walkthrough how to go about it? Thx.

Unless they've changed policies during the past year, you don't actually get to keep any of the hardware that you are given. At the time, we were using iBooks, and I had to return mine when my time was up.
  • Reply 14 of 31
    no, you don't get to keep it, but say you have the job for 4 years, that's basically like a free laptop because by 4 years you would probably have exploited the full lifespan of the product.

I'm still pissed. The goddamned F1 student visa...

NEED...TO....MARRY....AMERICAN GIRL......
  • Reply 15 of 31
    And I need to marry a hot Russian girl.
  • Reply 16 of 31
    Quote:

Don't!!! I swear, the russians will **** you over. They are sketchy!!!

She'll take your money and escape with her lover...

• Reply 17 of 31
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    We used to have one campus rep in Washington State U. Well.. that dude hours were very limited and didn't help much IMHO since I was looking for a PowerMac and display at that time. He also told me that the eMac is POS. (My friend sold the 12" PowerBook G4 recently and got himself one of the previous version of eMac [1Ghz/SD]. He told me his eMac rocks.)

anyway, back on subject... Sure you get many Apple promo material. I didn't ask him much about his wages or rule. However, he did has an red Apple logo business card.

Lastly, not sure it's his fault or Apple. They put old machines on display.
  • Reply 18 of 31
    Quote:

It's pretty hot to hear Russian being shouted at you by a woman while you're having sex with her, but once you get over that novelty, they're like all depressed and melancholy. But, you know, can't blame 'em...
  • Reply 19 of 31
    I will never get over that novelty. My friend back home move from Russia a while ago and she is so hot. When she talks Russian to me it is so sexy. And yes she looks like Anna Kournikova and is just as sexy especially playing tennis in the miniskirt uniform.
  • Reply 20 of 31
    Quote:

NEED...TO....MARRY....AMERICAN GIRL...... [/B]

Talking about taking an evolutionary step backwards...

don't.

I am on the F1 visa too and I have no problems. I don't plan on working.

hehe