iTunes/iChat Integration

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Sup all. Is there an app/script that intergrates iChat and iTunes? I know iChat Status does it but I want a different type of intergration, one that all AIM users can see and not just iChat users that can view your status message. iRC has something similar to this.

I want an app/add-on to display the currently playing iTunes track in the iChat IM window.

For example: in iRC there's a command called /music. When typed, it displays the currently playing track like so: Proud iBook Owner 2k2 is currently playing Britney Spears - 02 - (You Drive Me) Crazy

Does such an app/script/add-on exist?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    status symbol

from ifthensoft does something like that, i haven't used it since 10.2.7 or so but i see they have a new version for 10.3.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

status symbol

from ifthensoft does something like that, i haven't used it since 10.2.7 or so but i see they have a new version for 10.3.

That app is cool.. but it's not exactly what I wanted.. Thanks anyway. Anyone else? ^^
  • Reply 3 of 10
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    It's unfortunate AIM doesn't support the available status feature. I have good jokes with friends using that feature. It's been so long since I used AIM, does it even HAVE a space to have text beneath a users name?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

It's unfortunate AIM doesn't support the available status feature. I have good jokes with friends using that feature. It's been so long since I used AIM, does it even HAVE a space to have text beneath a users name?

No. I don't think so... I use it from time to time, but iChat more often.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    i want it to integrate with iTunes, so i can drag and drop songs into messsages and share them...wait, did i say that out loud? *dodges RIAA bullets, ducks for cover...to be continued*
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2

I want an app/add-on to display the currently playing iTunes track in the iChat IM window.

iChat?

Well, Adium has this cool script feature that you can insert anywhere (profile, away message, chat window):

• Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

iChat?

Well, Adium has this cool script feature that you can insert anywhere (profile, away message, chat window):

;

Can iChat, or more importantly AIM, users see it?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Can iChat, or more importantly AIM, users see it?

I'd think so because it's just an away message. It should show...
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Proud iBook Owner 2k2

I'd think so because it's just an away message. It should show...

I meant as an available message.

Eitherway, did you know that AIM users don't get auto response from iChat users away messages?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:

I meant as an available message.

Eitherway, did you know that AIM users don't get auto response from iChat users away messages?

That's true. But there's always iChatAutoReply. ^_^