How is the sound in a powerbook?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
the integrated sound. Does it....sound good and stuff? Like listening to musik? Acceptable sound quality or just crap? *wonders*

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    the 12" powerbook has surprisingly good sound... much better then the iBook or my Ti...

I don't know about the other sizes tho...
  • Reply 2 of 11
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    The difference between my 15" AlBook and my previous G3 Powerbook are night and day. I've said on a few occasions that the speakers on my AlBook are the best laptop speakers I've ever heard...and I've heard my share. The integrated mid-range speaker helps immensely.

Now, relative to all other speakers in the world, they still don't compete. I'd just say that as far as laptop speakers go, you could be very impressed.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    The sound on my 15" AlBook is good imo. Its just a little too quiet. As mentioned before, its nothing compared to most external speakers.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    I do agree that the 12" Pbook (in its current revision ) has better sound than you would expect.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    xsmixsmi Posts: 139member
    I also concur on the 12". The only thing I could ask for is more of it.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    On my 15inch Powerbook, the sound is great, but the speakers are terrible. It is tough to get decent speakers in a laptop, so I just stick with headphones.

Plus, if you are not careful, it is very easy to blow the speakers on a laptop.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    It'll do in a pinch, I guess. But if I'm really wanting to enjoy music or hear something on a website, it's headphones or my Creatures (depending on time of day and all).
  • Reply 8 of 11
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    For laptop speakers, you can't beat them. For real speakers...leaves something to be desired. I connnected pro speakers (with iFire) and an iSub to my powerbook when I have it on my desk, and that sounds very good.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    kyogenkyogen Posts: 50member
    Agree, for laptop speakers, they are some of the best... but they are "laptop" speakers... a quick plug into any pc speakers rock.

Charlie

Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

For laptop speakers, you can't beat them. For real speakers...leaves something to be desired. I connnected pro speakers (with iFire) and an iSub to my powerbook when I have it on my desk, and that sounds very good.

• Reply 10 of 11
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    My 12 inch powerbook has the best sound that I heard of. The pc notebook's have ok speakers. They aren't exactly music to my ears. But, that is my opinion.