New emac

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just got me the new emac, This is a very nice computer and perfroms very well, even though it only has it's stock 256 ram in at the moment.

However, i have one complaint, Is This hole supposed to be there?

(double click pic to enlarge)

At first glance i would say it's been stabbed by something, but a closer look and it looks like it's been punched for a reason, It looks like there's a wire crimp filling the hole, Is this the airport ariel? Or should i complain.

Been looking at the pics on apple's site and the hole isn't there, So any thoughts on this would help.

Edit: just enlarged the pic from apple's site and the hole is there, so i guess it's not a fault.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cybermonkey

Just got me the new emac, This is a very nice computer and perfroms very well, even though it only has it's stock 256 ram in at the moment.

However, i have one complaint, Is This hole supposed to be there?

(double click pic to enlarge)

It's the microphone

Glad you enjoy the new eMac! Looks like nice thang
  • Reply 2 of 7
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    I believe that's the eMac's microphone.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    I think it could be the microphone. If it's not I have no idea.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Yeah your right, It's the mic alright

Just opened sound studio to test it is the mic and we have meter action!

this is one nice comp as i said, it definitely gets my thumbs up 10x over.

And is stomping all over my dual 867 MDD in benchmarks. Looks like the old dually is relegated to compressing and compiling.

Any one thinking of buying one of these, stop thinking and buy it, you won't regret it.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    donny1donny1 Posts: 33member
    Any chance of some more piccies?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Donny1

Any chance of some more piccies?

It looks the same as the old eMac....
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I've included a few more pics, not much new too see really as vickes said, its the same shell as the old one, just new inards. And yes that stick of memory is a 512 kingston which i will stick in when i've finnished playing around with it. I'll post some pics of installing the memory if any is interested some time today.