importing a keychain?

zozo
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Heya

I reinstalled Panther and transfered over my previous Keychain and told it to use THAT on as the main Keychain (has over 200 login/pass that I dont remember anymore).

Nonetheless, all the pages I had L/P for are not recalled (like NYTimes, etc....)

What am I doing wrong? Is there a proper way to use keychains that are imported?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

Heya

I reinstalled Panther and transfered over my previous Keychain and told it to use THAT on as the main Keychain (has over 200 login/pass that I dont remember anymore).

Nonetheless, all the pages I had L/P for are not recalled (like NYTimes, etc....)

What am I doing wrong? Is there a proper way to use keychains that are imported?

Have you tried Keychain First Aid? BTW, it may not be a keychain problem but a safari one. I've been having problems with it not "remembering" my l/p for sites I KNOW it did before. And the entries are still in the chain, it just won't fill them in for me. Annoying. :/
  • Reply 2 of 5
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    L/P ?

Login/Preset?

Locked/Private?

(just want to be familiar with *all* the acronyms)
  • Reply 3 of 5
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac+

L/P ?

Login/Preset?

Locked/Private?

(just want to be familiar with *all* the acronyms)

L/P = login/password
  • Reply 4 of 5
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

L/P = login/password

Thanks torifile

... wish I thought just a little bit more before I posted that question.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    usually i have my keychain, a "login" and "system" keychain.

There was a fourth one somehow. Keychain got off my default and created this new fourth keychain. I managed to drag and drop the l/ps that had been created in this fourth keychain into my usual default keychain.

I then killed off the mysterious fourth keychain and am back to having the three keychains.

Weird.

So far so good.