Refurbished Computer Question

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

I'm in the process of convincing my sister to replace her dead pc with a mac.

What warranty does Apple offer with refurbished products? (90 days, 1 year?)

Also since the release of the new powerbooks & iBooks, how much do you

think the previous models will be dropped down to?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    Apple factory refurbs have the same 1-year limited warranty as new machines and are eligible for AppleCare (if you care to puchase it).

If you peruse the Special Deals section of the AppleStore online (look for the red tag on the left, towards the bottom), you may catch new and refurbs of the previous iBooks. Also, you may want to call an Apple Store if there's one close to you or Mac Mall, Mac Connection, etc., to see what price yesterday's models have been discounted.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    I'm not sure you'll find too many refurbished units from Apple's website. The supply of PB's have been pretty dry in the last few weeks leading up to today's new releases.

But who knows where Apple gets these refurbs back from. Good luck.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    There are also 'Previous Generation' machines, which go on special after new models are released.

I just bought a refurb emac, fantastic deal, $500.

It is cosmetically perfect, I have not been able to find one fault with it. The only way you would know it is a refurb is the box.

The only problem I have had is that the cd's that shipped with my emac were the wrong ones. The sales guys were unable to sort out the issue for me ( they should, as it is a problem with the shipped items ) and passed me off to tech support. Its been a painful, difficult task to get all the software out of them, but its finally coming. It hasnt been due to any reluctance on the part of Apple, it is simply an issue that their CRM system is incapable of handling, and so it takes a long, long time to get anywhere.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    I bought a refurb "Quicksilver" from the store and it was a perfect machine!