Apple Replaces My iPod mini Under Warranty

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Today I received a replacement for my iPod mini which I purchased the day it went on sale in February. Last week it developed the static symptoms which turned into distortion within a day. The original was assembled in Taiwan while the new one says China. My original also had an ultra sensitive scroll wheel which drove me crazy. The new one is much better. All's well that end's well. Thank you Apple!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Today I received a replacement for my iPod mini which I purchased the day it went on sale in February. Last week it developed the static symptoms which turned into distortion within a day. The original was assembled in Taiwan while the new one says China. My original also had an ultra sensitive scroll wheel which drove me crazy. The new one is much better. All's well that end's well. Thank you Apple!

I wonder if these replacements are part of the problem with supply in the chain. I'm glad you got yours so quickly. I hope they can resolve these problems without delay.

The supply problems are getting ridiculous. I know my money's moved on to other things. I wonder how many others have decided they've waited long enough and got something else? (BTW, I didn't buy another audio player. I got a camera.)
  • Reply 2 of 2
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    My local Apple Store still has none in stock here in South Florida. I guess Apple is keeping a small amount on hand for replacement.