How to change icons

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hey i searcehd the forums and ran through Panther to try and do this but i have no idea. I was just looking at all your dessktop pictures and saw all your mad icons. Can you also let me know where to get them from?

Thanks in Advance and Sorry in Advance for such a stupid question

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Many of the icons come from Iconfactory.com. That is where I got most of mine.8)
  • Reply 2 of 8
    It works this way on all files, folders, and drives.

Select it in the Finder.

Get Info.

Click the icon in the info window.

Paste on any graphic.

Moving to Mac OS X...
  • Reply 3 of 8
    A lot of people use konfabulator thats all those nice widgets you've no doubt seen and are probably wondering...
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Xicons.com or InterfaceLIFT would be an obvious choice. several thousand icons for Mac OS X. new icons posted almost daily

read the InterfaceLIFT FAQ about macintosh icons for info about how to use them.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    www.resexcellence.com has a great icon and desktop resource (and hacks and konfab and...)

www.iconfactory.com

www.mandolux.com is THE place for desktops

www.xicons.com is great for icons as well.

check out the links from Icon Factory for more wild artist icon homepages.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    there's also a CM on VT that makes changing the icons really simple, i forgot what it was called, oh well, search for icon CM, or CM, or CMM or something on VT, you're sure to find it!
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Thanks Everyone. MY desktop looks crazy now. I have these G5 inspired drives which are awesome!

Sorry for the stupid question but i havent been using a mac for 4 years till recently so im a little slow using OSX but im getting the hang of it.

The FCP and DVD-SP learning curve is whats killing me. But i have found that apple has a real basic tutorial page on their website in quicktime thats awesome for basic stuff.

Anyways thanks!
  • Reply 8 of 8
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

It works this way on all files, folders, and drives.

Select it in the Finder.

Get Info.

Click the icon in the info window.

Paste on any graphic.

Moving to Mac OS X...

O man, you are such a golden gate, where did you gathered all your patience?