I'm new, just looking around, is everyone a Democrat?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just registered here yesterday and I've only been reading the board for a few days before that. This is actually my first time reading this forum.

While browsing through the threads on the front page of this forum, I gotta ask, are most folks on this board a liberal/Democrat/other left-wing third party member?

Do you think there is a correlation between PC/Mac users and Republicans/Democrats?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 42
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    I asked the same question when I came in - but I have discovered that there are many conservatives on the boards so fear not : you are not alone
  • Reply 2 of 42
    jessearljessearl Posts: 103member
    Maybe I've been hanging out at glocktalk.com too many years. I've forgotten that Democrats know how to use computers too. j/k

I have lots of Democrat friends. There's ... well, or ... oh,but ... okay, I don't have any.
  • Reply 3 of 42
    We only let the Republicans out on Tuesdays.
  • Reply 4 of 42
    jessearljessearl Posts: 103member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trailmaster308

We only let the Republicans out on Tuesdays.

Classic.
  • Reply 5 of 42
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i would guess it's due to the strong presence Apple has in elementary education and the arts. two noteably liberal areas of the world.
  • Reply 6 of 42
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Didja miss me Segovius?
  • Reply 7 of 42
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    There are also those of us who try not to polarize ourselves to one side or the other. We can see a lot of good and bad in both sides of the aisle.
  • Reply 8 of 42
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    >Is everyone a democrat?

Yes. You must be assimilated.

Moderates?

There are a good number of us floating around here. But I think the majority of my "moderate" buddies here are just liberals who cannot stomach the term and would rather be considered "above" any hard category. Any person that *thinks* cannot fully buy every single aspect of liberal/conservative. People are too complex in their belief systems.

True conservatives and/or libertarians?

There are a few roaming aimlessly around this board, hiding in dumpsters, never using their real names, surviving on their singular will and street smarts. (Think: Lost Boys) There are days when I count myself among them, much like the country-club posers that act like club kids on the weekends.

One thing you will never run out of here, for the next 8 months to 5 years- Bush bashing threads. Some folks here are just consumed with the man. 8)
  • Reply 9 of 42
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I seems to me that 99% of the people here are more liberal than conservative. I however, am not among them. I'm a pretty staunch conservative. So if you are, you're not alone, but you won't be in the majority either. That's why I try (among other reasons) to avoid AO. If you're smart, you will too.
  • Reply 10 of 42
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I seems to me that 99% of the people here are more liberal than conservative. I however, am not among them. I'm a pretty staunch conservative. So if you are, you're not alone, but you won't be in the majority either. That's why I try (among other reasons) to avoid AO. If you're smart, you will too.

I dare you to name names!
  • Reply 11 of 42
    Welcome fellow conservative. Unless you are a sadist you will quickly learn that posting anything to the right of center on the AO forum often gets you more grief then it's worth. I posted constructively a few times - but the personal attacks were not worth it.

Good Luck
  • Reply 12 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

I dare you to name names!

Vhee must destroy them! It ess zhee final zholution!

Remember DMB, loose lips sink ships! Even if they torture you- you must not relent! The survival of the rebellion is at stake!

• Reply 13 of 42
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    this thread has quickly become a conservative orgy...

someone needs to fire up a liberal orgy, i am getting all hot and bothered...
  • Reply 14 of 42
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    this thread is lame
  • Reply 15 of 42
    Here is some timeless and brilliant advice from rageous:

Quote:

Welcome.

A bit of advice:

If you ever feel like you'd be interested in participated in a political thread in AppleOutsider, turn your iMac off, slam your head against a wall repeatedly, and scratch your nails on a chalkboard until your ears bleed.

That's basically what it's like to post in em, but this way you don't make enemies

That quote is among the top five ever posted, along with BR's "get the tar" reply. And SOOOOOOOO true we have run out of words to describe its brilliance.

Just thought you should know. It's too late for us. SAVE YOURSELF!
  • Reply 16 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

a conservative orgy...

Now THERE'S something you don't see every day.
  • Reply 17 of 42
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

Now THERE'S something you don't see every day.

Unless you do daily searches for "sado masochism"
  • Reply 18 of 42
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

People are too complex in their belief systems.

• Reply 19 of 42
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    Lifelong big party Republican until this administration. I guess I would describe myself as a (grounded and sober)Independent.

There are a lot of things I don't like about him, but I will vote for Kerry to get the Bushies out.
  • Reply 20 of 42
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

What? Reread the post, giant.

I said people are too complex in their belief systems to fall straight down liberal/conservative lines.