Lampooning Kerry : The Presidential hopeful.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
There is no doubt that many cartoonists, stand-up comedians and others thanked the Lord all mighty, when GW Bush rode into their lives. Here was a guy they could sink their collective teeth into. heck GW is funny with all his mannerisms.

But now we have a new kid on the block...John Kerry.

And if I know anything already, he is going to be an equal to GW in all those things attributes that "count" for cartoonists and comedians.

The funniest thing I have noted already, concerns the manner in whch he speaks. For everytime he finishes a sentence, his tongue up and starts doing a full "lap of honor" around the inside of his mouth.

His tongue seems to have a wiggly life of its own.

Most people close their mouths after speaking..but not John Kerry. His kinda hands open so that everyone can see his tongue doing gymnastics.

Maybe it ( the tongue ) thinks its in the wrong mouth, and is trying to hide...

Or maybe John Kerry has swallowed his speechwriter and that is his wiggly old finger we see. ...

bit like in " Being John Malkovich"......

In any case...hold onto ya sides, because we're going to have a few belly laughs that's for sure.

Yee-hah..

Aqua

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Methinks you're a little TOO concerned about that man's tongue.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Conan does a good impression of kerry.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member

Heh, to each his own. I love political cartoonists, especially Pat Oliphant.

Bush (as should be) is still the main whipping boy but a good political cartoonist finds faults and insights from either figure.

• Reply 4 of 8
    No, no, no.

We're not done on the Presidential hopeful currently in office.

• Reply 5 of 8
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Artman @_@

Heh, to each his own. I love political cartoonists, especially Pat Oliphant.

[/B]

So nice to see Pats' work...most of you wouldn't know this, but he started his career as a cartoonist for the Advertiser newspaper.

Born and bred in Adelaide, Australia, like yours truly....blush...modesty...blush...

If you ever bump into him, ask him if he still thinks of himself as a " Crow-Eater ".. ( South Australian ) ?

Aqua.

• Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

So nice to see Pats' work...

Yeah, he's a real pro, unlike that Bell moron.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I go here for my political cartoon needs.

I check there a bunch, I like it because it doesn't seem to have any particular bias, features cartoonists from all over the world, and is updated all the time.

Political cartoon fans: what are some other good sources?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Newsweek always has good ones, but they tend to lean toward democratic views...at least of of late.