unable to made decision on whihc PB i should go after...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Recently, i went to an apple reseller shop and had been attracted by PB 12" 1GHz. after few days later, PB 1.33 Ghz had released... I had called the reseller regarding to the new Pb and they told me the new one would only be available 2-3 months later... so, should i wait or not? or wait for the PB G5? I wanna a PB for surfing, microsoft and do my work in uni. should i just get the 1GHz now rather than waiting for the new? or i just go to singapore and buy it instead of waiting? any idea when will the PB G5 coming? what is the differences between G4 and G5?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Don't wait for that G5 PB, it'll be a year before we see it. And if all you need it for a surfing and mail, a G5 will be huge overkill for you. Why can't you order online? The Apple Store Online, check it out. You can get the most updated products. If not, than go for the 12" and ask for a discount since the new models are out. Buy now! No regrets, it's a great time to buy.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    He's from malaysia.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I see that...no Malaysian Apple store?

If that's the case, just buy from the retailer, but ask for a discount since it's an outdated product.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by DMBand0026

[B]And if all you need it for a surfing and mail, a G5 will be huge overkill for you.

first, thanks for giving me valuable opinin... Can i know why the G5 will overkill me?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    skipjackskipjack Posts: 263member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hugohak

Can i know why the G5 will overkill me? [/B]

You didn't mention what kind of Microsoft programs you'll run and what kind of university work you'll be doing. That will help give a better answer.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Skipjack

You didn't mention what kind of Microsoft programs you'll run and what kind of university work you'll be doing. That will help give a better answer.

Basically, i will using microsoft office like words, powerpoint and excel for my uni work.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by hugohak

Basically, i will using microsoft office like words, powerpoint and excel for my uni work.

A G5 is the fastest processor available in the world right now (although that's debated by some). To run mail, MS office, and Safari will not require the power that a G5 will give you. It will cost more for the G5, and since you don't need the power of it, go with the G4, the G4 will be plenty fast to do what you need to do. It will even give you the ability to edit multimedia with no trouble at all. A G4 is fast enough for anything you need to do now, no worries